Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ah, you mean the Tory ERG MPs who continually voted against leaving the EU, smoothly and orderly with a deal, in stark contrast with the wishes of their constituents who voted for them on the basis they would vote for leaving the EU smoothly and orderly with a deal. Gotcha :thumbsup:

Ah, you mean the Tory ERG MP's who continually voted against leaving with a deal that flatly contradicted the manifesto they stood on ...

As we leave the European Union, we will no longer be members of the single market or customs union. ... therefore their actions are in direct alignment with their Tory voting constituents who thought this would be the case.

Not forgetting ....

The negotiations will undoubtedly be tough, and there will be give and take on both sides, but we continue to believe that no deal is better than a bad deal for the UK.

... the Conservative government views the deal in its current form as a bad one as does the House of Commons.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you say so. I don't think you meant to come across as tetchy.

Please tell me if I’m wrong, and that you support the rebel MPs standing up for democracy against the attack from an unelected bureaucrat currently.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
All eyes on the Scottish courts to see just how deceptive this farce of a government have been.

[tweet]1168866662042521602[/tweet]

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Ah, you mean the Tory ERG MP's who continually voted against leaving with a deal that flatly contradicted the manifesto they stood on ...

As we leave the European Union, we will no longer be members of the single market or customs union. ... therefore their actions are in direct alignment with their Tory voting constituents who thought this would be the case.

Not forgetting ....

The negotiations will undoubtedly be tough, and there will be give and take on both sides, but we continue to believe that no deal is better than a bad deal for the UK.

... the Conservative government views the deal in its current form as a bad one as does the House of Commons.

The ERG Tory MPs, who voted against this commitment:

Untitled.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All eyes on the Scottish courts to see just how deceptive this farce of a government have been.

[tweet]1168866662042521602[/tweet]

What would happen if the Scottish court finds Johnson's action unlawful but an English court doesn't (or vice versa)?

I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that - it would be one hell of a mess

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Please tell me if I’m wrong, and that you support the rebel MPs standing up for democracy against the attack from an unelected bureaucrat currently.

You mean the remain MP's, many who have continually voted against any sort of Brexit who are attempting to seize control of the legislative reigns of government restricting and undermining the UK governments negotiating position despite having zero electoral mandate?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If all of this humiliating and churlish sabotage, scuppering and delaying means we ended up staying, our image of credibility and strength is truly fooked and we will be a poor laughing stock for many moons to come. The EU bureaucrats must be wetting themselves, hoping we go back cap in hand, apologising for being naughty boys & girls.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What would happen if the Scottish court finds Johnson's action unlawful but an English court doesn't (or vice versa)?

I'm not sure anyone knows the answer to that - it would be one hell of a mess

It's all very odd

[tweet]1168822896137048065[/tweet]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The ERG Tory MPs, who voted against this commitment:

View attachment 114911

As I explained both the Government and the House of Commons doesn't view the current deal as 'the best possible deal' so they are doing nothing of the sort. Whereas the government and the House of Commons view the current deal as a bad one ... no deal is better than a bad deal for the UK.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If all of this humiliating and churlish sabotage, scuppering and delaying means we ended up staying, our image of credibility and strength is truly fooked and we will be a poor laughing stock for many moons to come. The EU bureaucrats must be wetting themselves, hoping we go back cap in hand, apologising for being naughty boys & girls.

We are already a laughing stock in the world. I posted a Russian tv clip where they were lampooning us and our government.

Jan 30, 2008

Yet some on here think that would be acceptable some MP's have no shame in their actions but are more than happy to set their own agendas no wonder they receive abuse
Regards
DF

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
As I explained both the Government and the House of Commons doesn't view the current deal as 'the best possible deal' so they are doing nothing of the sort. Whereas the government and the House of Commons view the current deal as a bad one ... no deal is better than a bad deal for the UK.

no deal.jpg

sshhh dont tell anyone it was in the manifesto

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I wish for the result of the referendum, which MPs endorsed the result of, to be delivered. How/why/when and where is up to the Parliament bods. Just wish they'd hurry up a bit, boring now.

Well undoing and reworking decades of complex policy wasn't exactly going to be a fast and exciting process was it? Despite what the Leave Campaign would have you believe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are already a laughing stock in the world. I posted a Russian tv clip where they were lampooning us and our government.

Should we take a leaf out of Russian politics and “dispose” of dissenters?

I am a bit of a xenophobe about Russians I have to confess and couldn’t care less if they lampoon us. I know where I’d rather live warts and all

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

It's difficult to know now in regards to comments like those you replied to as to whether they're genuine, based on nostalgic and inherent, arrogant imperial delusions of grandeur, or whether they're just being wind up merchants. Brexit parody and reality have been blurred for some time now.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I wish for the result of the referendum, which MPs endorsed the result of, to be delivered. How/why/when and where is up to the Parliament bods. Just wish they'd hurry up a bit, boring now.

It's bizarre that so many people seem to think that no-deal is the quickest way to draw a line under the whole business and move on. It is the absolute opposite as countless contact points between the UK and Europe will have to be re-negotiated with no framework in which to do it. I am currently heavily involved in no-deal planning and thinks it will be easy is deluded. I voted remain but I would happily settle for a deal which gives us some kind of continuity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here