Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
don't let a trade deal get in the way we left in Jan, i don't agree with us stalling on a 12 month trade deal negotiation
but hey ho we had nearly four years of stalling from the undemocratic loons:rolleyes:
regards
DF

It's your lot of charlatans that can't get it over the line. Learn to accept the leave sides shortcomings - you'll have no-one else to blame but yourselves soon.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Then ban smoking full stop - not just one product that was a very small percentage of the market and was one of the least dangerous versions. Smoking kills. Alcohol kills. Cars kill. Knives kill. Let's ban all these things. Banning things just pushes it underground - maybe the EU should learn it's history - 1920's America anyone ? And if people want to kill themselves so what ? Persuade people to stop.

Goodness me this is a spirited if specious response. I'll simply point out that I believe the menthol ban is linked to the number of young (and therefore vulnerable) consumers who use these as an entry to their smoking habit (funnily enough I did too - Consulate, 'clear as a mountain stream'). Surely it's far more akin to the UK's long standing ban on Alcopops rather than Prohibition!

As for your decision to consider black market sources of supply, well I sure that organised crime will be grateful for your monetary contribution to their coffins (oops, sorry: 'coffers') (Of course the EU is far worse than the likes of the Mafia.)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So bringing the thread away from Pasta bashing and Cummings ( like there isn't already enough threads about Cummings ) and back on topic. I discover today the EU have banned yet another product - menthol cigarettes - as of last week. Rightly or wrongly Mrs W enjoys the odd Mayfair Green - maybe a pack a month. Nothing excessive. Yet now she will move to the stronger ones ( or as the case is actually going to be, me buying them off the black market ). Yet again another example of the EU banning stuff without thinking of the consequences - and quite what business of theirs was it anyway.. The quicker we're completely out the better.

I'm stunned this has never come up on the Brexit thread before. Obviously, if you had put this up as a reason to trash Britain's economy, I would have been onboard from the start.

Right to the crux, as always :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You should have said early on that all you wanted was a piece of signed paper, with us to continuing to pay into the EU, being governed by their rules and regulations, freedom of movement and using all their trading agreements and deals as before and I would have been in complete agreement.

You always gave the impression that you didn't want any of those things, from the way you argued so eloquently against them.

So we are both very happy now. Let's hope no idiot goes and f**** it up by trying to change that with no preparation :lolol:

UK falling short of post-Brexit target for customs agents, warns industry

The National Audit Office has estimated that 145,000 UK businesses could need to complete customs formalities for the first time from next January, leading to an additional 200m customs declarations a year.

In his letter, Mr Keen warned MPs that it took “at least a year” to train a customs agent to handle “routine inquiries” given the complexity of the forms. But with just six months to go until the new customs regime comes into force, concerns are now growing across the haulage industry about the levels of preparedness.

https://www.ft.com/content/be64c437-3ef2-4290-bf30-4cd3a97aa870

Whilst I am indeed happy (well spotted), you don’t appear very happy yourself that we are no longer a member of the EU or that the time limited transition period will end, even though you are now pretending you are happy.
Your constant whining would suggest you are in fact livid.
Which is a source of amusement.

A bit like a whore with a fag in one hand and an ice cube in the other,

You can pay good money for that in some circles……. allegedly.

Maybe we should organise a Brexit thread 5-a-side with Leavers v Remainers? !

You would demand a Peoples 5-a-side replay when you lost.
For that reason im out

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm stunned this has never come up on the Brexit thread before. Obviously, if you had put this up as a reason to trash Britain's economy, I would have been onboard from the start.

Right to the crux, as always :thumbsup:

If you mean by 'right to the crux' as pointing out that a partly unelected gang influencing peoples lives when in reality they were set up as a trading block and have now gone on to become a government that can overule national government with no autorisation from UK voters then yes, right to the crux.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I doubt it given UK governments tend to be more for citizens freedoms and choices and also, as you point out, our government makes a large amount of tax revenue from them.

Oh well, if you're right, they'll repeal it in January. Don't know what you're moaning about.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Maybe we should organise a Brexit thread 5-a-side with Leavers v Remainers?

If their bodies are as aged as their mindsets, it wouldn't be a fair match. They'd be knackered after 5 minutes and need break for a quick puff and swig from the Special Brew.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
COVID-19: EU pledges €750 billion to help economies damaged by pandemic
EU Commissioner for the Economy Paolo Gentiloni has announced a "landmark" stimulus package to boost the European economy. Some reports indicate that €500 billion will be in grants that member countries will not need to repay.

Looking forward to our slice of this delicious financial pie!

oh

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Whilst I am indeed happy (well spotted), you don’t appear very happy yourself that we are no longer a member of the EU or that the time limited transition period will end, even though you are now pretending you are happy.
Your constant whining would suggest you are in fact livid.
Which is a source of amusement.

You can pay good money for that in some circles……. allegedly.

You would demand a Peoples 5-a-side replay when you lost.
For that reason im out

Fair enough: but only if you cheated! (Which of course you wouldn't.)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
COVID-19: EU pledges €750 billion to help economies damaged by pandemic
EU Commissioner for the Economy Paolo Gentiloni has announced a "landmark" stimulus package to boost the European economy. Some reports indicate that €500 billion will be in grants that member countries will not need to repay.

Looking forward to our slice of this delicious financial pie!

oh

eu.JPG

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Goodness me this is a spirited if specious response. I'll simply point out that I believe the menthol ban is linked to the number of young (and therefore vulnerable) consumers who use these as an entry to their smoking habit (funnily enough I did too - Consulate, 'clear as a mountain stream'). Surely it's far more akin to the UK's long standing ban on Alcopops rather than Prohibition!

As for your decision to consider black market sources of supply, well I sure that organised crime will be grateful for your monetary contribution to their coffins (oops, sorry: 'coffers') (Of course the EU is far worse than the likes of the Mafia.)

These bans happen by degrees though and the logical concusion is a total ban on all tobacco products. Maybe it is a good thing but it is an erosion of liberty and that is scary.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I believe in olden times it stood for BR (Britain) EXIT (Exiting) its membership of the European Union.

I understand it is the thing that Boris promised he would finally get done at the last election and indeed delivered. We are no longer members.

A small clique people on NSC are still livid the people finally got what they voted for on the ballot paper 4 years ago( to no longer be members of the EU).
Some really really triggered crackpots have even convinced themselves the people still havnt got what they voted for 4 years ago (to no longer be members of the EU) and are still claiming the people are going to find out at a future date if what they voted for 4 years ago in 2016 has happened or not, even though normal people already know that what was voted for in 2016(to no longer be members of the EU) has already happened.

The small clique of NSC whiners(remoaners) are not representative of the wider community of NSC users who didn’t want to Leave the EU who whilst not wanting to Leave the EU respected the democratic vote to Leave and accepted because of the vote result we should indeed Leave.(Remainers)

Im sure one of these useful idiots will be along at some point to confirm my hypothesis and indeed be saying something along the lines of “ not too long now to find out if you got what you voted for 4 years ago”

Some people are thick as mince like that.

Anyway,.... i went off on a tangent.

Boris got it done(ending membership) as promised

What is your evidence for this random assertion?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1265605476638756864[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I believe in olden times it stood for BR (Britain) EXIT (Exiting) its membership of the European Union.

I understand it is the thing that Boris promised he would finally get done at the last election and indeed delivered. We are no longer members.

A small clique people on NSC are still livid the people finally got what they voted for on the ballot paper 4 years ago( to no longer be members of the EU).
Some really really triggered crackpots have even convinced themselves the people still havnt got what they voted for 4 years ago (to no longer be members of the EU) and are still claiming the people are going to find out at a future date if what they voted for 4 years ago in 2016 has happened or not, even though normal people already know that what was voted for in 2016(to no longer be members of the EU) has already happened.

The small clique of NSC whiners(remoaners) are not representative of the wider community of NSC users who didn’t want to Leave the EU who whilst not wanting to Leave the EU respected the democratic vote to Leave and accepted because of the vote result we should indeed Leave.(Remainers)

Im sure one of these useful idiots will be along at some point to confirm my hypothesis and indeed be saying something along the lines of “ not too long now to find out if you got what you voted for 4 years ago”

Some people are thick as mince like that.

Anyway,.... i went off on a tangent.

Boris got it done(ending membership) as promised

Now its done will you be returning to your usual internet pastimes rather than continuing to post on this thread?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So bringing the thread away from Pasta bashing and Cummings ( like there isn't already enough threads about Cummings ) and back on topic. I discover today the EU have banned yet another product - menthol cigarettes - as of last week. Rightly or wrongly Mrs W enjoys the odd Mayfair Green - maybe a pack a month. Nothing excessive. Yet now she will move to the stronger ones ( or as the case is actually going to be, me buying them off the black market ). Yet again another example of the EU banning stuff without thinking of the consequences - and quite what business of theirs was it anyway.. The quicker we're completely out the better.

The idea is that any flavourings make it easier for a kid to start smoking, if your missus likes a menthol fag you can buy a rizla "flavour pack" for 25p, its a box of cardboard strips that you stuff in the packet of fags and it imparts a menthol flavour to the filters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here