Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It does completely scotch the theory that the EU will fall as you would have thought Ireland would be next to exit but they would rather set up by-passing ferries and strengthen their EU links

Priti Patel's Irish Potato famine 2.0 isn't panning out it seems...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
maybe they'll buy all the UK shellfish ?
I don't think so, unless we purify them first, in which case we could then sell to the EU anyway. The problem about purification is simply solved, it just needs investment in salt water tanks and storing them for about a week until they have purified.... ie shat out their sand, grit and poo.

But if course this costs time and money, things British business's are allergic to.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Another poor country far away with an economy 1/18 the size of Northern Ireland, but hey we'll take anything we can get...
Probably best you try and curb that [emoji1099]centric patronising contempt for these nations nicko or someone might mistake it for underlying racist tendencies ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don't claim to be an expert, but I think that the current UK's negotiating style stretches the 'in good faith' requirement beyond breaking point. Playing hard ball with the EU is one thing, but we are in danger of accumulating reputational damage. Who have thought that an honourable guy like our Boris would have such a rather elastic approach to such matters? A certain J. Biden will be taking careful note of his position on the Northern Irish issue, and how it plays in the ROI, and might not be wholly impressed with what he sees, one suspects.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Probably best you try and curb that [emoji1099]centric patronising contempt for these nations nicko or someone might mistake it for underlying racist tendencies ...o

The fact that Suriname does not have a huge economy and is far away could be seen as racism? That's one of the most desperate response efforts I've seen for some time
We'll done.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The fact that Suriname does not have a huge economy and is far away could be seen as racism? That's one of the most desperate response efforts I've seen for some time
We'll done.
Morning David, are you looking forward to getting the Sputnik jab later this year (maybe)?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Do you envisage still going on about all this in two years or will you have calmed down and found something else to waste your time with?

I guess the wasting our time thing could apply to all of us.

But it is relevant to a debate on Brexit - especially going forward. The Vote Leave campaign (which was very 'good' in a not morally good sort of way), was very clever in stressing that growth outside the EU was predicted to be much better than growth within it. Thus it was good old (British) common sense to switch our trade pattern away from a declining trade bloc to the bright sunny uplands of elsewhere with new markets gagging for UK plc products. Indeed it might well end up being the case! Rejoice!

But surely it's fair enough if in the mean-time those of us who are little more sceptical point out that some of these deals will have the impact equivalent to selling one packet of cornflakes to somewhere a very long way away, while at the same time lots of things that we could have once sold to the EU are rotting away in warehouses and causing not only a nasty smell but a threat to a lot of UK businesses. That's all.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I guess the wasting our time thing could apply to all of us.

But it is relevant to a debate on Brexit - especially going forward. The Vote Leave campaign (which was very 'good' in a not morally good sort of way), was very clever in stressing that growth outside the EU was predicted to be much better than growth within it. Thus it was good old (British) common sense to switch our trade pattern away from a declining trade bloc to the bright sunny uplands of elsewhere with new markets gagging for UK plc products. Indeed it might well end up being the case! Rejoice!

But surely it's fair enough if in the mean-time those of us who are little more sceptical point out that some of these deals will have the impact equivalent to selling one packet of cornflakes to somewhere a very long way away, while at the same time lots of things that we could have once sold to the EU are rotting away in warehouses and causing not only a nasty smell but a threat to a lot of UK businesses. That's all.

I’m not saying it’s not valid to continue to debate, however on the Brexit thread on NSC is a waste of time, none of us on the other side are remotely interested in anything your side have to say now or ever, we won’t change our minds so I’m not sure what the point of debating is unless is baiting not debating that we are all here for?

Surely if I’m to believe that many of you are as passionate off NSC about the apparent Brexit debacle then take your concerns to the highest possible level, start a party, press your MP’s to campaign re entry or similar?

Don’t waste time on this thread quite literally linking media stories of woe that your side will agree with and our side couldn’t give less of shit about[emoji106]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you envisage still going on about all this in two years or will you have calmed down and found something else to waste your time with?

Well if, in 2 years time, the Government have actually come up with a Brexit that is implementable and solved the NI problem within International Law, the Financial Services industry isn't still pouring out of the UK, various industries, businesses and jobs like fishing, farming and Logistics aren't still being annihilated by the new rules, and the economy has recovered from it, then probably not.

Unfortunately, my optimism for this happening in the next 2 years is not exactly growing by the day.

Get Brexit done :facepalm:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Your attempt to quickly move the conversation away from your incredibly stupid post....was completely expected.
Language is important David, Brexit Britain is all about inclusivity and reaching out to countries across the world ... global Britain [emoji636] The EUcentric imperialist view of the world where nations beyond the customs wall are poor far away places is behind us.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Language is important David, Brexit Britain is all about inclusivity and reaching out to countries across the world ... global Britain [emoji636] The EUcentric imperialist view of the world where nations beyond the customs wall are poor far away places is behind us.

From somebody who was ready to go down xenophobic road over the Russian vaccine, hilarious.

So, Suriname is nearby with a mega economy?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With the news that Loyalist paramilitaries no longer support the GFA, I'd be interested to know what the solution to the Northern Ireland problem would be in the eyes of Brexiteers on here.

To me, it is obvious we should have stayed in the SM and CU, and for pro-Brexit people to argue the case for as hard a Brexit as possible whilst staying within those constraints. Perhaps arguing that we then pay for the option to restrict free movement to the UK from Ireland for all non-UK/Irish citizens. Instead, we're in this appalling situation where we have signed crap deals that don't work (or simply favour the EU) and having forced it through parliament, the government are now trying to renege on everything they signed up for and blaming everyone else.

I am past caring what simpletons think. I am done with being bothered about the thickest Brexit people on Twitter and on here just posting tedious meaningless one-liners and youtube videos. I just wish - if we had to have Brexit - that it had been done properly. But it hasn't, because it was given to the least competent, most corrupt bunch of shysters we've ever had running this country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We'll done.

They call it racism, I call it just counting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here