Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Excellent, then we agree that we are no longer exposed to those pressures which we are more likely to give in to (Schengen/Euro exemptions being the exceptions rather than the rule) because we are no longer members of the EU.

:

Point taken - you're worried about the UK being exposed to pressures, in spite of it having demonstrated its ability to resist those pressures (even when they concern such monumental subjects as Schengen and the Euro).

Some of us had more confidence in the strength of our nation.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
While we are on this topic here's an amusing article from the Guardian pushing project fear which I'm sure one of the #teameu crew must have posted on here at some point ...

Brexit means coronavirus vaccine will be slower to reach the UK

In an article published today on the Guardian website, the academics and lawyers say Boris Johnson’s determination to “go it alone”, free of EU regulation, after Brexit means the UK will probably have to join other non-EU countries in a queue to acquire the vaccine after EU member states have had it, and on less-favourable terms....

The UK will leave the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the body responsible for the scientific evaluation, supervision and safety monitoring of medicines, at the end of the transition period on 30 December. This means it will no longer be part of the EU’s regulatory regime, which allows for “accelerated assessment” of products developed by drugs companies during a pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/14/coronavirus-vaccine-delays-brexit-ema-expensive

:lolol::facepalm:

Nearly as funny as the bloke who implied that the speed of our vaccine approval was due to us leaving the EU.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like we are now escalating the negotiations to the highest level in order to broker "some kind" of deal, Ursula Von Der Leyen and Boris Johnson will hold talks tomorrow in an attempt to break the deadlock... So ex-Spectator Journalist and part time MP Boris Johnson v Ursula Von Der Leyen, professional diplomat, what could possibly go wrong now for the "Easiest Deal in the World " ?

Jan 30, 2008
Sounds like we are now escalating the negotiations to the highest level in order to broker "some kind" of deal, Ursula Von Der Leyen and Boris Johnson will hold talks tomorrow in an attempt to break the deadlock... So ex-Spectator Journalist and part time MP Boris Johnson v Ursula Von Der Leyen, professional diplomat, what could possibly go wrong now for the "Easiest Deal in the World " ?

Don't hold your breath sounds like it's all over
Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Whatever happens the Tory's mates in the derivatives markets are going to make a packet, they'll have it covered

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
One of the more annoying aspects (and there's an awful lot of competition) of the Johnson gang's rhetoric around the negotiations is the bollocks about 'respecting the UK as a sovereign state'. Of course it's possible to respect the UK's sovereignty while rather expecting that the UK will exercise that sovereignty to negotiate seriously. Meanwhile there's the predictable backlash from the right regarding the French exercising a bit of their own sovereignty by rattling their sabres over fishing rights. Our (Brexiteer's) singular triumph might well be to bring other countries down to our level...........and then blame them for it.
As Basil Fawlty once said to the Germans: 'you started it'.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

As a Grade A narcissist Johnson is on the horns of a dilemma. Does he use the platform to heroically intervene and get a a deal (Daily Mail -'Boris pulls it of!') or does he scupper any chance of a reasonable deal by playing to the hard-core nut-job gallery (Daily Mail -'Boris bats for Britain') and avoid the terrible consequences of a compromise (Daily Mail - 'Boris sells-out').

Let's spare the poor sap a thought. After all, at the end of the day, it's all about him isn't it?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
One of the more annoying aspects (and there's an awful lot of competition) of the Johnson gang's rhetoric around the negotiations is the bollocks about 'respecting the UK as a sovereign state'. Of course it's possible to respect the UK's sovereignty while rather expecting that the UK will exercise that sovereignty to negotiate seriously. Meanwhile there's the predictable backlash from the right regarding the French exercising a bit of their own sovereignty by rattling their sabres over fishing rights. Our (Brexiteer's) singular triumph might well be to bring other countries down to our level...........and then blame them for it.

In this video Jacob Rees-Moron argues how we need to leave the EU as we don't have soverignty then proceeds to argue with the Scottish about how they should respect the sovereignty that the UK and Scotland has

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I really don't understand why Johnson is taking so long over this and causing so many of Britain's Industries, Entrepreneurs and Workers such concern and anxiety over their futures ?

If he didn't like his 'Oven Ready Deal', (which I assume he didn't, from the fact he is trying to U-Turn out of it on Monday) then shirley, he could have asked one of the huge numbers of Leave voters on here who 'knew exactly what they were voting for' and just done that :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I voted because the EU ( not Europe ! ) does matter. It is exactly why I voted for the MEP candidate I did. I want to leave the EU so I voted for someone that can cause a little bit of turmoil.

I came across this, posted after you voted for UKIP and Brexit, but before you voted for the Johnson Government.

What can I say :bowdown:

I don't even think we're going to notice a difference there either.

We have to get a similar trade agreement to the one we have now. That will include the free movement of people from within the EU.

I know the 'control our borders' was a message from the leave campaign, but I never believed it. I just don't like the political ideal of the EU or the economics of the Euro.

We have to get the best trade deal for the UK and the EU - that's why I started this thread. It's too easy to think the country has voted against Europe as a whole - we really haven't, we've voted against being in the EU.

ooops

It's just a shame that so many of the most ardent Brexiteers on NSC don't post anymore. I can't begin to imagine why ???

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
I came across this, posted after you voted for UKIP and Brexit, but before you voted for the Johnson Government.

ooops

It's just a shame that so many of the most ardent Brexiteers on NSC don't post anymore. I can't begin to imagine why ???

Because we've left the EU ,I'm just here to keep reminding you :)
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
In this video Jacob Rees-Moron argues how we need to leave the EU as we don't have soverignty then proceeds to argue with the Scottish about how they should respect the sovereignty that the UK and Scotland has

That's because Scotland are part of the UK despite what the Kranky wants :dunce:
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008

You're the typical turncoat I'm afraid , isn't it about time you looked forward rather than backwards, all your bleating and whining is meaningless
Regards
DF

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's quite ironic that after the people who banged on about winning the war all the time voted the way they did it'll end up with Britain finding out what a country looks like shortly after losing one come January

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You're the typical turncoat I'm afraid , isn't it about time you looked forward rather than backwards, all your bleating and whining is meaningless
Regards
DF

Isn't it about time you composed a post free of grammatical errors? If it could also make sense then that would be an additional, if unexpected, bonus. After the best part of 30K posts, the law of averages would suggest that maybe one, just one, might be worth reading. We're getting to the probability of a team of monkeys writing Shakespeare's collected works. Come on - you can do it, man: just hit the keyboard randomly and it can only improve things.
Everyone is on your side and willing you to be successful .Please don't let us down.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw a lovely quote the other day which sums up our situation....... " This will be the first negotiation in history where both parties start off with free trade and discussed what barriers to erect."

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Isn't it about time you composed a post free of grammatical errors? If it could also make sense then that would be an additional, if unexpected, bonus. After the best part of 30K posts, the law of averages would suggest that maybe one, just one, might be worth reading. We're getting to the probability of a team of monkeys writing Shakespeare's collected works. Come on - you can do it, man: just hit the keyboard randomly and it can only improve things.
Everyone is on your side and willing you to be successful .Please don't let us down.

I'd have stuck to your original, succinct post.

The edited reply became muddled and pretty dull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here