Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Can you give me some examples of this preparation that you talk about or are they a secret? [emoji6]

No secret, just simple stuff. Moving investments out of the UK, taking out long term private health care (ironically using some tax benefits of UK not being in the EU). All done back end of last year, when it became obvious what was going to happen (and I'm sure i mentioned it at the time).:shrug:

*edit*

Here
So we all give up now then, is that the answer?
No point in investing in your business or trying to expand. No hope. Doomed. Presumably our football team will suffer from this malaise as well, as half its fan base emigrates to escape the impending catastrophe. None of us will enjoy anything like our current lifestyles, so pleasures such as football will have to go. More and more of us existing at poverty levels, previously unimaginable.
Shit, it really is hopeless. I am going to have to have a serious word with my staff and tell them that there is no point carrying on, despite us doing really well in the last 3 years, profits growing, bonuses paid. Time to give up, folks.

Not at all. Protect yourself and loved ones as best you can and try and make the best of the oncoming shitstorm.

Personally, after years of patriotically keeping my assets in Britain and paying full tax on them, I've now taken my IFA's advice and moved a lot of my assets offshore, limited my tax liability, taken long term healthcare for my extended family, (and once out of the EU, there are ways of funding it offshore avoiding HIT and Income tax) and I'd suggest you may want to do something similar. You have to take advantage of the opportunities that Brexit offers, even if you feel it is a complete disaster for 95+% of the people of Britain :shrug:

If your business is doing really well currently then that's a positive and hopefully it will continue to prosper despite the prospects for the wider economy :thumbsup:

I've also included your Brexiteer friend's rant that I replied to for context :smile:

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm over it, I've made all the preparations I needed to ensure me and my family will have minimal impact from it.

And quite hoping for no deal, as I believe it's the quickest way to get re-entry of the EU, however long that takes (albeit, of course, on far worse terms, but still far better than we are going to get USA, China etc from Jan 1st).

But we're certainly not winners like you, Ppf, Johnson and Farage, no siree.

As I pointed out earlier, the majority of those who voted for Brexit and this government will be those most effected by them. (Well, you and Ppf at least, as I've no doubt Johnson and Farage have made similar preparations)

Tick tock :lolol:

Are you leaving the country an taking your cronies on this thread with you seeing you hate the UK so much ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you leaving the country an taking your cronies on this thread with you seeing you hate the UK so much ???
If I wasn't so heavily invested in the UK (schools, family etc) I would look to leave, personally. It's a sad state of affairs but I am no longer proud to be English.

As a nation I feel we've been hoodwinked by liars with dubious motives and it's all being propped up by stubborn morons who would rather gloat that they won rather than see the full picture, as well as bigots and racists.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ouch:-

[tweet]1280197246949175297[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well maybe you could show me a post where I have said that I hate the UK or said I'm leaving the country ?

Of course you can't because you are a very simple basic moron. I don't think I have ever said this before, but you are close to Ppf's level of imbecility.

I have always defended the idea that not all Brexit voters are idiots, and I still don't believe it's true, but you really take any normal person to the f***ing limit. The fact that you are allowed a vote, in any circumstance, when I wouldn't trust you to be capable of sitting the right way on a toilet seat, sums up why we have the idiot Johnson on the throne.

And do you know what is the worst in this whole f***ing clusterf*** ?

I'm from Portslade and proud of it.

I think you should f*** off somewhere else because you are really embarrassing the natives, we're not all stupid c****.

The only saving grace in this whole farce, is that you will get exactly what you voted for. And when it comes as a complete surprise to you, you will know we all prepared for it, months ago.

Tick-tock:lolol:

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

It's one thing seeing random videos on the net of brexiters shouting about traitors/empire/foreigners but another thing when you encounter them yourself, albeit on an online forum. You like to think only a few headbangers out there can be so dumb to come out with this kind of shit, but then, there they are.
Ever find me a link to Aaron Bank's charity donation?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RS Archer is back.

https://twitter.com/archer_rs/

He claims the story is legit, but obviously exaggerated for comic effect.

It is a very amusing read.

He may be exaggerating for comic effect, but it's still far more believable than 'the Brexit plan' Johnson, Farage and co sold to the terminally naive. And the idiot son has a similar, if not better understanding of it, than some regular posters have proven on here. I notice Mouldy Boots has been quiet the last couple of days. It couldn't be, could it ? :lolol:

Tick tock.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
It is a very amusing read.

He may be exaggerating for comic effect, but it's still far more believable than 'the Brexit plan' Johnson, Farage and co sold to the terminally naive. And the idiot son has a similar, if not better understanding of it, than some regular posters have proven on here. I notice Mouldy Boots has been quiet the last couple of days. It couldn't be, could it ? :lolol:

Tick tock.

I hope you've got your alarm set :bigwave:
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hope you've got your alarm set :bigwave:
Regards
DF

I wouldn’t suppose you’ve got much call for a alarm clock except maybe on signing day.
I see the Tory’s are drawing up plans to reduce long term unemployment benefit and to drastically reduce sickness benefits. Looks like they’ll slip these under the wire at the time they withdraw the temporary benefits that are in place for covid.
May be time to start looking for a job? Perhaps you could even do something voluntary? NHS still need volunteers.

Jan 30, 2008
I wouldn’t suppose you’ve got much call for a alarm clock except maybe on signing day.
I see the Tory’s are drawing up plans to reduce long term unemployment benefit and to drastically reduce sickness benefits. Looks like they’ll slip these under the wire at the time they withdraw the temporary benefits that are in place for covid.
May be time to start looking for a job? Perhaps you could even do something voluntary? NHS still need volunteers.

I haven't quite made up my mind as to who's the most gullible you or Watford bloke, carry on though
Regards
DF

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I haven't quite made up my mind as to who's the most gullible you or Watford bloke, carry on though
Regards
DF

Ah. The Pastafarian defence. As pathetic as it is worn. Not long now until you find out what you voted for. You must be very excited.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
11244 posts ....outstanding , just wondering whose had the most wanx since this all kicked off ....genuinely interested like ...

Your ability to get even the most basic things wrong, even when the answer is actually displayed for you, is really quite astonishing :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Your ability to get even the most basic things wrong, even when the answer is actually displayed for you, is really quite astonishing :)

i was talking about the thread , not your personal contribution to the board ........which is , to be frank , worrying....an average of 8 a day...strooth.:lolol:

bloody hell its its 112434....sorry missed a 3 out , my bad , obviously....:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here