Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
My goodness, your mind is truwly locked and bolted.

Liam Fox will be pleased....

EU trade deal 'easiest in human history'
Coming to a free trade agreement with the EU should be "one of the easiest in human history" because our rules and laws are already the same, the international trade secretary has said.

So will Daniel Hannan....

"Five years from now Britain will be flourishing as never before"
But don't do their dirty work for them now and attempt to delude others. It's enough for you to live in your own 'sunlit uplands' alternative reality.....

Try putting some sugar in your Horrlicks tonight you bitter man !
Regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
A refreshing point of view, benefitting from being accurate and free from the radicalised nonsense usually seen on this tragic thread.

Unfortunately we have several people continually, deliberately, conflating the effects of Covid with Brexit, as they need their daily fix of doommongering/I told you so. Without Covid, driver shortages would have been far more manageable and actually welcomed as rising wages and better conditions were only ever likely to be achieved once the constant flow of cheap labour from Europe was stopped. A similar effect can also be seen across other sectors reinforcing this point. Fortunately, as we now have more control of our borders we can adjust our immigration policies to best suit our needs rather than continually swamping the jobs market with cheap Labour. A temporary relaxation may be needed until the effects of Covid (on hiring newly qualified Uk drivers on better pay and conditions) subsides.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Loving the comedy

brexitali.jpeg

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Try putting some sugar in your Horrlicks tonight you bitter man !
Regards
DF

Not bitter Pretty pink fairy,

Like most people though I don't like being lied to....

You, on the other hand seem to relish it....

No one wants to stop you from enjoying your delusions but please resist spreading them unless you have some sensible reason for doing so...

There, I've treated you pleasantly in the hopes that you can give me a sound reason why you seem to continue to spread lies and make light of the truth......

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jan 30, 2008
Not bitter Pretty pink fairy,

Like most people though I don't like being lied to....

You, on the other hand seem to relish it....

No one wants to stop you from enjoying your delusions but please resist spreading them unless you have some sensible reason for doing so...

There, I've treated you pleasantly in the hopes that you can give me a sound reason why you seem to continue to spread lies and make light of the truth......
I don't have to justify anything to anyone on here,
You say you're not bitter .....pull the other one !

Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I don't have to justify anything to anyone on here,
You say you're not bitter .....pull the other one !

Regards
DF

That's what I thought... you take no responsibility for spreading lies.

Like the Government and friends, you are irresponsible....

Screenshot 2021-09-25 at 08.32.23.png

20 years now and counting....

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good points.

These are certainly ways to start fixing it. As per the thread title though I am focused on a choice 'we' made that contributed to causing it....

Any suggestions for solving that part?

I am not sure on this matter the impact of Brexit is all that.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I am not sure on this matter the impact of Brexit is all that.

Okay... on this matter I am not entirely sure. We are aware of the effects but the causes may well be complicated and uncertain....

However, as this is The Brexit Thread, what impact do you think Brexit has had (albeit perhaps not 'all that' in your judgement)?

I value your input and would also be pleased to learn how you come to your conclusions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Okay... on this matter I am not entirely sure. We are aware of the effects but the causes may well be complicated and uncertain....

However, as this is The Brexit Thread, what impact do you think Brexit has had (albeit perhaps not 'all that' in your judgement)?

I value your input and would also be pleased to learn how you come to your conclusions.

I was replying to posts laying down the blame mainly on Brexit.

What we do know is the impact of the shutdowns/Driver issues.

I would say a few drivers have left, but in the bigger picture of what has happened in the past 18 months that number isnt significant

The other supply issues has more to do with Brexit, but Im not sure you can make conclusions of what is and isnt till we are back to the whole of Europe being open fully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here