Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why would you think any different? Brexit IS happening, it won’t be pretty, so why just sit back and be a victim when you could try to get the best deal possible for you and yours?

Don't worry about me. If you had read my earlier posts, you will have seen that I have already prepared by moving investments and assets offshore, minimising my tax liabilities and negotiating long term private health insurance. I was simply confirming that your expectation is the same as mine, that Brexit will be an unmitigated disaster for the vast majority of the British people :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not quite sure why you're so happy with the jeery genius's four links. Do you read them before applauding? They showed...

1. Guarded optimism from the IMG (described by Leavers as a lackey of the British Government, and part-funded by it) that UK growth might slightly exceed that of the eurozone in the period when Brexit uncertainty will hopefully lift a little, although this is qualified by the assumption that there is a gradual transition to a satisfactory deal with the EU and Johnson has warned that he's prepared to walk away at the end of the year come hell or high water.

2. Good if irrelevant news about one specific sector that has always been less-dependant on our relationship with the EU than most.

3. Confidence rising after the Dec election - it is now higher than it has been at other times in the gloomy low-confidence post-referendum era. Good news but what are we comparing it with?

4. Ditto, although the proof of the pudding will be whether spending rises. No one knows that yet (although it would be amazing if it didn't go up a bit compared to the High Street's disastrous Christmas.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of ANYONE who has ever claimed that every single sector, every dial, every trend would go into a dive following the Brexit vote.

Do you fancy a bet on who will be one of the first posters on here to start whining that this isn't what they voted for and this isn't what they were told would happen :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you are saying that although Brexit will be bad for Britain, the economy and British people, it is even more important that they grab what few opportunities come along, even if no one currently has any idea what those opportunities are ?

Maybe Jaguar/Land Rover is an opportunity ???

They announced 4500 job losses in Jan 2019

In the last hour, hundreds more going at Halewood plant from April

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jaguar-land-rover-set-cut-17610342

Or maybe not.

But there must be other opportunities arising out of Brexit. Surely getting rid of friction-less trade will create some opportunities.

Primarily in huge amounts of administration, but opportunities all the same :lolol:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Or maybe not.

But there must be other opportunities arising out of Brexit. Surely getting rid of friction-less trade will create some opportunities ???

I do think getting out of the common agricultural scheme might deliver some plus in terms of environmental protection, but can the government be trusted given their record of lies so far.

But this is the Brexiters job to explain the benefits, they own this lock, stock and barrel.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't worry about me. If you had read my earlier posts, you will have seen that I have already prepared by moving investments and assets offshore, minimising my tax liabilities and negotiating long term private health insurance. I was simply confirming that your expectation is the same as mine, that Brexit will be an unmitigated disaster for the vast majority of the British people :thumbsup:

That's all you can do. My pension and investments were 35% UK back in 2016, more like 5% today. The moment Boris said F-business did it for me, who knows where we are going.

The EU are clear, if you want to sell to us, you play by our rules, they don't want an regulated entity on their door step. Hopefully sanity will prevail, but adults have left the room, look what we have left in this government...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Or maybe not.

But there must be other opportunities arising out of Brexit. Surely getting rid of friction-less trade will create some opportunities.

Primarily in huge amounts of administration, but opportunities all the same :lolol:

Though you said we would never leave even went as far to say that it was guaranteed before the election which then burst your bubble.
Still holding a grudge then. Sadly the public spoke and the remainers just couldn't cobble a plan to win despite all the bluff on here

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Though you said we would never leave even went as far to say that it was guaranteed before the election which then burst your bubble.
Still holding a grudge then. Sadly the public spoke and the remainers just couldn't cobble a plan to win despite all the bluff on here

The public based their vote on bs sold to them

Jan 30, 2008

The fact that they were all blown out of the water makes it all the more satisfying, poor old Watford bloke all that worrying he'll need that private health insurance :wink:

Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
On the plus side a liberal MEP has succeeded in crowd funding for a we still love the EU flag to be put on top of the cliffs at Dover on the 31st anyone for a daisy chain
Regards
DF

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Accept the public vote Accept the public vote Accept the public vote Accept the public vote Accept the public vote

The public voted on

Easiest deal in history
Getting sovereignty back
Cake and eat it
They need us more than we need them
350 mill to the NHS instead of the EU
Border controls
Crass Farage poster

mugs

Jan 30, 2008
Accept the public vote Accept the public vote Accept the public vote Accept the public vote Accept the public vote

The public voted on

Easiest deal in history
Getting sovereignty back
Cake and eat it
They need us more than we need them
350 mill a week to the NHS instead of the EU
Border controls

mugs

:cry::cry::cry::cry: get a grip man !!!
Regards
DG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The public based their vote on bs sold to them

So remain also lost the argument at the election. What went wrong with all these tactical votes you and the groovy remain gang were all spouting about to win a landslide Labour win. Looks like a few million bottled it ( remainers that is ) and accepted it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here