Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Er, read the post! It refers to diane abbot alone as the three wise monkeys. The lack of punctuation makes that very clear. Also, based on the posters previous comments it is clear they only used the specific term due to the race involved.
Stop standing up for racists.

Assuming that your description is accurate, you are correct. It is a dog whistle - something that other racists can snigger at and at the same time deny it is racist.

I have not read who posted the offending item but it sounds like something that droopy rectum has been doing for years. :shrug:

Meanwhile you can be held up as a typical whining lefty, offended on behalf of other people. Who knew, eh? ???

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Er, read the post! It refers to diane abbot alone as the three wise monkeys. The lack of punctuation makes that very clear. Also, based on the posters previous comments it is clear they only used the specific term due to the race involved.
Stop standing up for racists.

It really, really doesn't, mate.

(I cannot believe I am defending PPF :facepalm:)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Conservative and Unionist party have been caught doctoring a video clip from this more Good Morning Britain, to make it appear Sir Keir Starmer didn't fully understand Labour's brexit policy and posting it on Twitter

footage to falsely suggest Labour's Keir Starmer was left speechless by a Brexit question
Keir Starmer wearing a suit and tie: Labour's Keir Starmer
Labour's Keir Starmer
The Conservative Party accused of spreading 'fake news' after posting misleadingly edited footage of an interview with Labour's Shadow Brexit Secretary Keir Starmer.
The footage appears to show Starmer left speechless by a question on Labour's Brexit policy.
However, full footage of the interview shows that he immediately responded to the question.
The row comes as ministers confirm that Boris Johnson's government will refuse to release a report into Russian influence on recent elections and referendums.
The Conservative party have been accused of spreading fake news, after posting footage of Shadow Brexit Secretary Keir Starmer which was edited to falsely suggest he was left speechless during an interview.

The video, which has been shared by senior government figures including the Health Secretary Matt Hancock, is an edit of a video Starmer took part in this morning on ITV's Good Morning Britain.

In the video, the Shadow Brexit Secretary is asked a series of questions about Labour's Brexit policy, the last of which appears to leave him lost for words.

However, footage of the full interview shows that Starmer immediately answered the question put to him by the show's hosts.

Social media users accused the party of spreading "fake news" after the misleading nature of the video was pointed out by the BBC journalist Daniel Sandford.

"I hate this stuff. I saw too much of it in Russia, and it only ends badly," Sandford, who is the BBC's Home Affairs correspondent, posted on Twitter.

The Conservative Party were contacted for comment.

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1191686313461846016

https://youtu.be/VW9VS47cjrw

What is Labours Brexit policy, remain,leave not sure they know themselves

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, his reply is absolutely pitiful. It is one of the most pathetic posts made on this thread, shocking in part because the poster is generally sensible (not that I agree with him on the whole, but that's irrelevant). It takes me back to a couple of years ago when someone with whom I had crossed swords in a perfectly amicable way suddenly lashed out with sub-schoolboy stereotyping mockery of a false take on my political perspective. I'm talking about the Prancing Ninny. Lose an argument then lash out. Nice.

I'd like to think I'd condemn any party if their official process sanctioned Russian-style fakery to smear an opponent. I am not aware of any such jiggery pokery of this nature previously in British Politics (well, excluding some of the stuff that went on before Irish independence). To pass it off as nothing, implying it is justified, is on a par with praising Savile for his charity work and donations to the tory party. FFS.

is this about my post? im sad you didnt like it, most pathetic on this thread is some standard. point was about the interview and not about the edit, hence just refered to the video. seems discussion is shutdown so easily.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What is Labours Brexit policy, remain,leave not sure they know themselves

Why does this nonsense about Labour not having a Brexit policy keep resurfacing? The party is very clear what its policy is - a re-negotiation with the EU and a referendum on the subsequent deal.

Now, you may not find it a plausible policy but it's definitely a policy

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why does this nonsense about Labour not having a Brexit policy keep resurfacing? The party is very clear what its policy is - a re-negotiation with the EU and a referendum on the subsequent deal.

Now, you may not find it a plausible policy but it's definitely a policy

Well that stance will cost them votes. The indecisive party

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
It REALLY does :ffsparr:

So is Banksy also a racist for depicting many MPs as monkeys?

banksy-monkey-parliament-800x800.jpg

Just give it a rest Plooks!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Assuming that your description is accurate, you are correct. It is a dog whistle - something that other racists can snigger at and at the same time deny it is racist.

I have not read who posted the offending item but it sounds like something that droopy rectum has been doing for years. :shrug:

Meanwhile you can be held up as a typical whining lefty, offended on behalf of other people. Who knew, eh? ???

Really Harry?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Occasionally you need to read posts from people you've ignored. And Plooks needs to Google "pictorial maxim".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Occasionally you need to read posts from people you've ignored. And Plooks needs to Google "pictorial maxim".

I stand corrected and chastened.

As for reading posts by people on ignore....

Far cough! :lolol: :thumbsup:

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
**** me the lengths some people on here will go to defend a racist and their comments is astounding! That example is completely different to calling ONE MP a monkey isn't it.
No, I won't give it a rest as racism is appaling and it should be stamped out bot swept under the rug, defended and ignored.

Why not scream for the OB?

Regards

DH

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
**** me the lengths some people on here will go to defend a racist and their comments is astounding! That example is completely different to calling ONE MP a monkey isn't it.
No, I won't give it a rest as racism is appaling and it should be stamped out bot swept under the rug, defended and ignored.

Would be a good move to have you as Mod on here, sort the oiks out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So you are defending the racist statement? NSC's official position is it is ok to refer to specific MPs as monkies? **** me. You need to be removed from here if that is the case.

I refer you to the post above yours ^^^^

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

I'd call it out if needed. He used the plural and thus called all three MPs he cited "wise monkeys" you eejit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here