Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Joyce robbed in the boxing?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Split decision defeat against France's Tony Yoka, but Antony Joshua says he's morally the Olympic champion.
Can't take the shine off our greatest ever Olympics but the lad must be gutted.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, Judges favoured the favourite

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I just so hate it when boxers give it large during the bout. If I'd been a judge I would have deducted the French guys points for not complying to the Olympic spirit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The French lad had more cleaner punches find the target a lot of Joyces were hitting the arms of the French chap so not scoring. Stupid thing for Joshua to say as the records show the winner as decided by 2 of the 3 judges, morality or ringsiders opinion doesnt come into it.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
The French lad had more cleaner punches find the target a lot of Joyces were hitting the arms of the French chap so not scoring.

The french guy did have clean punches but was always on the defensive so Joyce had no option to hit the gloves occasionally ,Joyce threw more punches and landed just as many on target , a judge should be seen to favour any fighter who is attacking as oppose to defending and has a higher ratio of punches if there is equality of punches on target .
Agree he was disrespectful but I suspect he will be taught a lesson by someone who uses his arrogance against him .And Yoka there is only one man who can do the shuffle and he is sadly not with us anymore .

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There can't be many boxers with a fine arts degree

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shouldnt Joyce have been aware of his defensive tactics and be throwing punches to avoid hitting his arms or was it good defensive covering up by the French guy to take the punches on his arms.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The French lad had more cleaner punches find the target a lot of Joyces were hitting the arms of the French chap so not scoring. Stupid thing for Joshua to say as the records show the winner as decided by 2 of the 3 judges, morality or ringsiders opinion doesnt come into it.

I agree, Joyce, apart from some decent body shots was pretty much pummelling his opponents gloves. He threw twice as many punches, but only landed half as many in the target area. I sadly, thought it was the right decision. :down:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Our boy was not clean enough, he throw 3 times as many punches, but actually never hit many scoring targets. The lazy French frog, hardly threw a punch, but when he did it seemed to connect. Lazy frog 1 Team GB 0.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I agree, Joyce, apart from some decent body shots was pretty much pummelling his opponents gloves. He threw twice as many punches, but only landed half as many in the target area. I sadly, thought it was the right decision. :down:

If he landed half as many shots on target but threw twice as many then he should have won old boy !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Split decision defeat against France's Tony Yoka, but Antony Joshua says he's morally the Olympic champion.
Can't take the shine off our greatest ever Olympics but the lad must be gutted.
Absolutely! And the guy on before from ABZ? The black bloke was totally robbed, more than our man was!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here