Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your guaranteed hangover cure

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm in need of a cure for a "still slightly pissed, but already have a monster hangover" situation please. TIA.

Oh, Palace fans - now would be a good time to test where the boundaries are. You might find they've temporarily moved.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
But seriously, a Frijj Banana milk shake, two paracetamol, and a monster lie in.

Thanks. I have bananas and milk and a blender thingie. I'll see if I can persuade my other half to make me one; she's not been overly sympathetic so far, but I live in hope that'll change.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not drinking heavily the night before.

Oct 25, 2003
This is what tends to work for me....

-fresh smoothie with shit loads of fruit, spinach, coconut water, oats etc.....the goodness should knock it out of the park but it is an effort and you have to put up with the noise of the blender
-failing that go down the meat route and nip down Maccy d's for some disgraceful food....you never want anything that nice in case you vom and waste a nice meal....you need crap
-strawberry milk (a whole carton) also works for me
-a good old tommy tank

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Two paracetamol before you go to bed and drink a large glass of water. Following morning, cup of tea with sugar, fruit juice and, ideally, a fry up!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This is what tends to work for me....

-fresh smoothie with shit loads of fruit, spinach, coconut water, oats etc.....the goodness should knock it out of the park but it is an effort and you have to put up with the noise of the blender
-failing that go down the meat route and nip down Maccy d's for some disgraceful food....you never want anything that nice in case you vom and waste a nice meal....you need crap
-strawberry milk (a whole carton) also works for me
-a good old tommy tank

Many thanks.

There's no way I can cope with the blender noise, and my gf is proving stubborn about making me a smoothie. Also, lack spinach and coconut water.

Can't possibly leave the house (or the bed yet) atm. Nearest Maccy D is at least 10 miles. Out of the question.

No strawberries in the house, but, as reported above, do have bananas and milk.

Not sure I have the energy for a Tommy; hmmm, I wonder if my gf feels like lending me a hand. I'm guessing not.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Litres of sparkling water, some monstrous burps (touch and go there) and keep drinking it until you wee turns from runny marmalade to clear.

You're welcome.

This sounds plausible. The thought of filling my belly with anything is anathema, but rehydration is appealing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I always used to walk to the newsagents for a chocolate milkshake, a Ginsters slice, then back to bed.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I always try and have a load of grub before hitting the sack while still pissed. If you have missed that opportunity then I would suggest drinking lots of water.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
In recent times i have found that if my last of the night out is a lager shandy then i tend to be fine the next morning. There is no fee for this advice

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fry up, cup of tea then lots of sparkling water....... sleep.......sparkling water.......sleep........ repeat until you have to do something you can't get out of.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ice cold Coca Cola and salt and vinegar flavour discos. It absolutely HAS to be Coca Cola though. Pepsi is shit, and any other inferior coke doesn't work.

Failing that, back to the pub with you man and get on the bloody mary's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here