Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Drawing the Boro line

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I can't draw the line until we're stood in the Leppings Lane end on Friday. You can both seethe and be positive at the same time!
I have already inducted Dean into the REFEREE'S HALL OF INFAMY (joining Challis, Prosser and Morton) and then Ramirez into the CHEATS/TOSSERS HALL OF INFAMY (joining McGleish, McNenemy/Birkenshaw, Keane,M). Although if Stephens had been slower to the ball Ramirez may have joined the ASSASSINS (Hughton, Whiteside, etc).
In the words of that famous philosopher, G. Barlow: "Never Forget".

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Boro is history. Get over it and move on. Sake! :rolleyes:

It's not really though, is it? Until we know the outcome of the red card appeal what happened in that match can still affect us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's not really though, is it? Until we know the outcome of the red card appeal what happened in that match can still affect us.
It won't get overturned. I'm absolutely confident of that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It won't get overturned. I'm absolutely confident of that.

Same here.

In which case, we have lost a key player for the duration of the Playoffs. If we fail against Sheffield Wednesday, or in the Final, then Mike Dean's mistake will have had a direct and massively damaging influence on our attempt to reach the Premier League. He stuffed it up for us on the day, and he's made it more difficult for us in the games coming up.

So no, I'm not over it yet either. Not by a long chalk.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
splitting hairs perhaps but he could have been goal side of Stuani instead of a yard behind. No one covered themselves in glory for their goal defensively.

That is splitting hairs, Stuani had an unfair advantage coming from an offside position to steal a yard.

When Dunk plays some on here want Greer back and when Greer plays they want Dunk back, count ourselves lucky to have four good centre halves in the squad.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I think we have blown it we always struggle in the playoffs hope im wrong though we are the best side in the PO but that counts for shit

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I think we have blown it we always struggle in the playoffs hope im wrong though we are the best side in the PO but that counts for shit

65415387.jpg

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Really? We should have done better against Palace but Derby were so much better than us when we just scrapped in. Apart from that our limited PO final track record isn't too bad - won one, lost one.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Really? We should have done better against Palace but Derby were so much better than us when we just scrapped in. Apart from that our limited PO final track record isn't too bad - won one, lost one.

In fairness against Derby we were unlucky to lose the first leg and lost half our team for the second leg. After recent games, it's beginning to feel like deja vu this year.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
In fairness against Derby we were unlucky to lose the first leg and lost half our team for the second leg. After recent games, it's beginning to feel like deja vu this year.

Indeed. To say we always struggle in the play offs is a little pessimistic. We have a good squad and are playing a team that finished 15 points behind us. We have an excellent manager to guide the team who has seen all this before.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's been, it's gone. Leave it...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Indeed. To say we always struggle in the play offs is a little pessimistic. We have a good squad and are playing a team that finished 15 points behind us. We have an excellent manager to guide the team who has seen all this before.

Absolutely. Both previous managers had pretty much decided they were going to leave before the play offs. Hopefully Hughton isn't planning on leaving. We also have the best squad even without Dunk and Stephens.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Same here.

In which case, we have lost a key player for the duration of the Playoffs. If we fail against Sheffield Wednesday, or in the Final, then Mike Dean's mistake will have had a direct and massively damaging influence on our attempt to reach the Premier League. He stuffed it up for us on the day, and he's made it more difficult for us in the games coming up.

So no, I'm not over it yet either. Not by a long chalk.

Agree with that. Sadly it means Mike Dean admitting a mistake and that aint gonna happen. The FA will sadly back their "man".

If Mike Dean did admit his mistake I would be preparing a very high powered lawyer as well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here