Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Atmosphere yesterday at Boro.

0 Not allowed!
    You have to hand it to Boro, The Riverside was rocking yesterday. They really made some noise, real 12 th man stuff. It was nocticeable that the vast majority of their fans were in position and singing from 20-30 minutes before kick-off. Fair play to them. Could we generate an atmosphere like that at the Amex? The pre-match v Derby was pretty good but now we need to step it up for the play-offs. Flags, not clackers, help build a sense of occasion so I hope the club mass produce the flags again, like the Donnie match. Then it's up to us to roar the team on.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

7 Not allowed!
      I thought that their drummer really helped coordinate things in the stand to our left. Why are people so anal about us doing something similar in the north stand?
      Everything in Moderation Prince Monolulu's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      That was bloody loud. Louder than Derby away, all based around the drum but a few around me were saying how together, vociferous and united they were.
      I gotta Horse!

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You have to hand it to Boro, The Riverside was rocking yesterday. They really made some noise, real 12 th man stuff. It was nocticeable that the vast majority of their fans were in position and singing from 20-30 minutes before kick-off. Fair play to them. Could we generate an atmosphere like that at the Amex? The pre-match v Derby was pretty good but now we need to step it up for the play-offs. Flags, not clackers, help build a sense of occasion so I hope the club mass produce the flags again, like the Donnie match. Then it's up to us to roar the team on.
      Impressively even had small kids singing "Town full of rent boys." Real commitment to the cause to poison your kids at such a young age in the name of your football club.

But, yes, good sound although I could rarely understand a word they were signing. Needed a drummer, I also noted.

My particular highlight was their rendition of "The Sound of Silence" after we scored.

0 Not allowed!
      watching at the beam back you could hear how loud they was and the albion fans you could hear too. one thing I did like what they did before a corner/set piece was clap slow with the drum and it seemed cool

0 Not allowed!
      To be fair their fans made a hell of a lot of noise, the whole stadium too not just one stand.
      We could learn a lot from them, the drum was actually really good, not just the normal dull thud, but still got the crowd going, if we had a drum and drummer like that, I'd be well up for giving it a go.
      Do you think we could have him on an emergency loan for the playoffs?

0 Not allowed!
      Very Bundesliga style but yes it was impressive at times
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Everything in Moderation Prince Monolulu's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Impressively even had small kids singing "Town full of rent boys." Real commitment to the cause to poison your kids at such a young age in the name of your football club.

But, yes, good sound although I could rarely understand a word they were signing. Needed a drummer, I also noted.

My particular highlight was their rendition of "The Sound of Silence" after we scored.
      I honestly felt the banter/chants/homophobia yesterday was no worse than most places on our travels. As gutted as I was at the end, no spotty 16 year old parmo muncher pointing a mobile at me videoing whilst he did the Gareth Hunt was going to rattle me any further.
      I gotta Horse!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Yes there were a couple of the predictable and pathetic rent boy chants of but overall Bozza they made a hell of a racket. And if a drummer means thousands sing in unison thereby creating a louder noise, then so be it. Let's get one in.
      Any drummers in Brighton want a new role?
      Members

7 Not allowed!
      Crowd was their 13th man !
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did