Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

19th December 2015.

10hickton

Banned
Aug 6, 2014
We all remember what happened that day, don't we Albion.?
Enjoy your big day in Boro - put some lemonade in your strong north east beer.
Claptrap is alive and kicking . 2-0 home win UTFB.:bowdown:

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Your form is average and you're under ridiculous amounts of pressure. You'll crumble on Saturday like you did twice last season. Just hope we turn up so we can capitalise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We do, yes. I doubt you really know though, so I'll help you out...

A decent side visited us at our lowest ebb. We had a significant number of first team players out injured, and the patched-up side that remained was out on its feet. You were the better side, did a job and deserved the win. No one would suggest otherwise, although I would counter that I don't think you were three goals better.

Since then, most of our players have returned and we've made some key additions. This means, amongst other things, the two wingers who were outstanding during our 22 game unbeaten run now can't get a game.

And, unlike you it seems, we are not arrogant about our prospects on Saturday. We have already over-achieved this season whilst you will be aware that you most certainly have not. We know all about your home record and your watertight defence. But we also know you have a manager who has repeatedly buckled under the pressure of this season and may well struggle to continue to hold things together.

If you succeed in avoiding defeat, you go up as expected. Meh. Plucky little Brighton will head for the play-offs - something that any of us would have taken back in August.

If we achieve the unthinkable, however. Well...

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You have to wonder how any Boro fan can truly be confident about Saturday; manager seems to have lost it again, 3 consecutive draws where they haven't had the rub of the green, massive pressure due to the money they've spent and the weight of expectation from the fans and the memories of the bottlejob from last season of course.

Don't be fooled by the bravado, their fans will be shitting it just as much as us come Saturday.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast

Seems like you have already been on the (northern) sauce.
Pity you felt the need to make a tit of yourself in writing this; up to now I really felt that Middlesbrough FC is quite a classy club.... and then you destroyed that myth!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

You did know that half the team you'll face on Saturday weren't available to play that day?

No, you probably don't know that. Probably not the only thing you don't know.............

And no, I don't know what the result will be on Saturday either!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Is that all you can muster in a verbal insult of Brighton.
Did your ink well dry up whilst the flame in your gas lamp flickered.
Don't worry too much, the wheel and electricity won't be too long in making an appearance.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Yep you are right we are never going to win at the Riverside. I'm going straight to the pub with the promotion party to celebrate your win.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My mood has improved considerably after this thread. Frankly, if we miss the cut this season, on Saturday plus the p-offs, so what? We are in great shape and we will prevail, next year, or soon. Not sure what's happening oop north, but it looks like a certain lack of calm. Like a great big bag of diarrhoea hanging over their heads, with people waving pointed sticks in a careless fashion . . . . move the bag or its gonna be very messy. I feel calm now. Serene.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here