Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we a bunch of girls blouses.?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I thought the Burnley game was probably the best game I have seen at the Amex. Loads of fans think the ref was useless, Barton was an assassin, Naylor is a plonker for defending Barton etc etc. I remember games full of of thuggery and controversy from the the sixties and seventies which would have made Saturday's game seem like a friendly kick about.
Fans these days think that a blood and thunder tackle should be a red card and slag off all and sundry and go nuts if the player gives some wind up back at the crowd.
Excitement and passion is what it's all about for me and the Burnley game had it in spades. Can't wait for the last 7 games.

For the millionth time, stamping on a players knee while he's on the ground isn't hard, tough or 'blood & thunder'. It's the actions of a cowardly little sissy - far more 'modern day' than anything you're complaining about

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No but I Like some aggression in the game. Every tackle gets calls for yellow and red cards these days. Grow some I say.

A big Centre forward barging the goalkeeper in to the back of the net while he is holding the ball is one thing, stamping on someone in a way that could have resulted in a career threatening injury is quite another.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Whatever way you dice it up Barton was a disgrace and the officials were a disgrace. You shouldn't need that stuff in order to derive entertainment from the match.

I would agree with those that said that saturday's match was one of the most enjoyable I have ever been to - mostly down to the football we played.

But part of that enjoyment was the pantomime Villain of Barton and the voicing of one's opinion to the ref of the ref.

But Pantomime Villain is not the right term. Barton is an unreconstructed thug and should have been sent off - twice.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Thanks for all the comments....I probably didn't word the original post as well as I might (I blame Old Speckled Hen) but it's good to see a lot of support for my main argument.
3 pts tonight please chaps and let's show a bit of old fashion grit.
Up the Albion

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Thanks for all the comments....I probably didn't word the original post as well as I might (I blame Old Speckled Hen) but it's good to see a lot of support for my main argument.
3 pts tonight please chaps and let's show a bit of old fashion grit.
Up the Albion

I take back the palarce troll comment:)
I also grew up watching players like Jimmy Case clattering someone on the halfway line and then pulling the fella to his feet via his permed hair :eek:

Barton should be sectioned under the mental health act tho :mad:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Its all about consistency, what's the betting one of our players goes shoulder to shoulder with someone tonight and gets sent off.

Indeed, I've just read through the thread and was going to post the same.

I am still confused about Saturday and Barton not getting even a yellow, only because of the other game against Burnley when we had two sent off.
I would really like to see a video of the Barnes sending off that day to compare it with the Barton stamp, from what I remember Barnes was fouled and as he came down he landed on the Burnley player.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I take back the palarce troll comment:)
I also grew up watching players like Jimmy Case clattering someone on the halfway line and then pulling the fella to his feet via his permed hair :eek:

Barton should be sectioned under the mental health act tho :mad:

Thanks Simmo. I would post more but don't want to hog the limelight. 35 posts a year is plenty. It's all the access I get in the Strangeways IT room.!!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Indeed, I've just read through the thread and was going to post the same.

I am still confused about Saturday and Barton not getting even a yellow, only because of the other game against Burnley when we had two sent off.
I would really like to see a video of the Barnes sending off that day to compare it with the Barton stamp, from what I remember Barnes was fouled and as he came down he landed on the Burnley player.
And then the Burnley player had his hands around Barnes neck. The ref is a cheat that is all there is to it.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Back to the OPs original question.... Yes, we are. Applauding the away fans, being too hospitable generally. On the pitch though, CH's influence is a good one, generally no play acting, no moaning about refs decisions or bad tackles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here