Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Barton to face no retrospective action"

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Barton was in the ear of Pawson throughout the match. That alone was worthy of a booking. Then he commits GBH and gets away with it. Then our goalkeeper is booked for complaining about a push on Goldson for Burnley’s second equaliser. That beggars belief.

That sums up Pawson-especially when he is in charge of our games.

Lotty1

Apr 4, 2016
We're not going to agree because we support opposite teams so let's agree to disagree shall we .
Don't know if it's this or another thread that says Burnley fans talk as though they're already in the Prem . I can assure you 100% that you won't find many of our fans saying that ; in fact it's the opposite with many . Good luck - hope we both go up .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Touchee - I've been to Brighton and can't say I'd ever want to visit again but all places have good and bad areas . Not going to get into childish conversation about slagging off where we live . Burnley as a town is no different to many towns all over the UK . However there are some lovely areas as there are around Brighton .
Now you're being silly; Burnley is a shithole.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I heard Hughton on the radio saying that he hadn't seen the incidents replayed, but that his view at the time was that it was accidental. This was also my view before seeing the video. I haven't heard comment from him after seeing the video.

This is correct.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Touchee - I've been to Brighton and can't say I'd ever want to visit again but all places have good and bad areas . Not going to get into childish conversation about slagging off where we live . Burnley as a town is no different to many towns all over the UK . However there are some lovely areas as there are around Brighton .

Quite enjoyed my trip through Burnley on the Leeds Liverpool canal

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Pawson’s failure to send off Barton cost us three points (the point that Burnley gained and the two that we did not gain). Had Barton seen red, Burnley would have been chasing the game with half an hour to go and with ten men. They would have lost the game. That Pawson should book Stockdale for politely asking him if he might not have missed a push in the box shows the contempt that he has for Albion.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just seen this 'tackle' for the first time. It could have finished Kayal's career.

I am not a violent person, but would have no problem if someone decided to stamp on his knee in the next game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know I shouldn't, but Barton's antics during the game and after have got me down a bit. I have always found him interesting and have made excuses for him. But he has always been caught and punished for his antics in the past. Getting away scott free, and affecting the outcome of the game (by staying on the pitch) is soooo unjust. I just hope that a good result tonight will purge the memories of the weekend, and flush all thought of the little shit down the toilet of forgotten unpleasantness.

Lotty1

Apr 4, 2016
Well not being a mindreader how would you expect me to know what nw means ? Could be your initials for all I know . As I said , there are many towns all over the UK similar to Burnley . The area around Burnley is lovely but the town needs an upgrade ; as I said just like many towns .

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Knowing our luck, what are the chances that we will miss out on automatic promotion by two points?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Knowing our luck, what are the chances that we will miss out on automatic promotion by two points?
If we miss out on promotion by 2 or 1 points, or even goal difference, it'll be down to results over 46 games. There'll have been match changing decisions that went our way in that time; we just tend to forget them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I'm sorry but you are the one being childish if you are even getting close to comparing Burnley and Brighton in the same stratosphere.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stato - with the greatest respect , both Hughton and Kayal are happy with the incident and neither have reason to lie . If there had been more to it do you not think they'd have pressed for action against Barton ? Are other people's views on the matter correct and the views of particularly Kayal worthless ?

It's called being professional. Clearly with Dyche and Barton at your club you're not used to seeing this sort of classy reaction.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Why did anyone think this guy should be a guest on question time recently?

My 5 year old niece has more useful things to say about politics than this thug.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
There are a lot of decent Burnley Supporters and it's a well run club. The only carp I have is that when I went on their site for a reasonable debate about Barton's behaviour, I was genuinely shocked at the aggressive homophobic abuse aimed at seagulls supporters. In particular a certain Mr 'JohnClaret' behaved like a graceless neanderthal. His antics (and one or two other knuckle draggers) infest the site and give visitors the impression that the club is a throw back to the 1970s

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well not being a mindreader how would you expect me to know what nw means ? Could be your initials for all I know . As I said , there are many towns all over the UK similar to Burnley . The area around Burnley is lovely but the town needs an upgrade ; as I said just like many towns .

Fair comment, I don't know the area that well but I really liked Hebden Bridge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here