Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attendance?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Don't quite understand how we didn't make 30,000..?

It was a sell-out, they said, and the club had minimised the gaps either side of the away fans, So I was expecting 30,000+

But there were quite a few holes.

Some STH's away for Easter no doubt, but my next door seat (not ST occupied) was sold, according to the club, but no-one showed up for it - rather curious...

??

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It was a sell-out, they said, and the club had minimised the gaps either side of the away fans, So I was expecting 30,000+

Some STH's away for Easter no doubt, but my next door seat (not ST occupied) was sold, according to the club, but no-one showed up for it - rather curious...

??
There are always those who can't make a match. Holiday, car breakdown or something like the flu which meant I missed the Reading game, for instance. In such a large crowd, there will always be hundreds missing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There are around 27,500 'home' seats in the stadium and if the club sell the ticket but they don't show up it still gets counted. So add that to the 1,600-odd Burnley you get today's figure.

Is the right answer. Marvellously simple game sometimes.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We had two no shows today one ill and the other one working it happens when you have thousands of season tickets.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
OK, then I may be being thick... but why wouldn't you give your ticket away?

Individuals do give tickets away the club fround on private ticket exchanges but the clubs was never switched on. I given my ticket away on several occasions due to long term illness.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Individuals do give tickets away the club fround on private ticket exchanges but the clubs was never switched on. I given my ticket away on several occasions due to long term illness.

We all give our tickets to mates when we're away, it benefits everyone. What I'm saying is that, according to the club someone bought the (non-ST) seat next to me for todays game, but no one turned up to sit in it. OK maybe they're ill, I hope they're OK, but in most instances you'ld expect them to give their ticket away to someone for this high demand game, wouldn't you?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Personally I think it makes no sense whatsoever to give an attendance based on what it would be if every STH turned up plus the other tickets.If there is a way of counting those who actually turn up and I'm sure there is then this is the only relevant figure.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Personally I think it makes no sense whatsoever to give an attendance based on what it would be if every STH turned up plus the other tickets.If there is a way of counting those who actually turn up and I'm sure there is then this is the only relevant figure.
I wonder why no-one has suggested this before?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

??

Does it really matter? So the crowd was less then 400 short of your magic 30k. There were far more important things that pissed me off today in losing two points than 400 no shows!!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The home fans area was a sell out; the reason for the total attendance being <30k was due to Burnley not selling out the allocated away area.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

It makes sense because it describes how many tickets were sold for the game. You might not like it but there is clearly a reason for it.

What exactly is the benefit of announcing the actual number of those attending other than to satisfy the idle curiosity of a few fans?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The VAT man wouldn't think so.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
It makes sense because it describes how many tickets were sold for the game. You might not like it but there is clearly a reason for it.

What exactly is the benefit of announcing the actual number of those attending other than to satisfy the idle curiosity of a few fans?

The announcer announced the 'attendance' as far as I remember and not the amount of tickets sold so therefore he gave an incorrect figure.
He should instead announce the amount of tickets sold just to be correct.Hypotheically speaking he could give an attendance of 30.000 when only
22.000 for example turn up even if that is unlikely to happen.

Just my opinion.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Attendances would be higher if it wasn't a pain getting to and especially from the Amex although you would think it
will be sold out most weeks if Brighton reached the Prem.

A stadium of that quality with a potential 'attendance'of 32.000(can they increase that?) should be in the Prem as we all know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here