Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton on Dunk: "Yes it is a concern"

Dec 29, 2011
Ouch, that's damnation indeed. Can't believe a manager like Hughton would publicly say that. Perhaps Dunk will get his act together soon.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
He's surely only in the squad each week as there's no better option.

He's been great in previous seasons but is having a seriously bad patch. Hughton must be tearing his hair out having no alternative.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Me too. But these mistakes don't mean that Dunk is a bad player, just going through a bit of a dip in form, that's all.

Much more than a bit of a dip, for Hughton to single him out like that.
He's majorly contributed in BHA losing 5-7 points plus a potentially lucrative cup-replay (and possibly 4th round game).

Dunk's errors are costing BHA in all senses.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
This is one thing I didn't expect today. Did he really single Dunk out for criticism? Amazed about that, he is so controlled in his comments.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Dunk is not a bad player, we all know that. Is it a confidence thing, is it something in his personal life? He and the staff need to work out what it is, sharpish.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This is one thing I didn't expect today. Did he really single Dunk out for criticism? Amazed about that, he is so controlled in his comments.

To be clear (and fair), he didn't slam Dunk or name him.
JC said (something along the lines of) "there have been quite a few defensive errors in recent games, is that a concern?".
Hughton: "Yes it is a concern" ... "individual errors are costing us".

He's talking about individual errors across the whole team.

Definitely not, if you heard the post-match interview, he was talking directly about defensive errors and JC mentioned Dunk immediately before CH said "individual errors...".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here