Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does a Swegway do??

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Right, I'm 33, and clearly losing touch fast - although I have never claimed to be "down with the kids". But what the hell is this that's being advertised on NSC? I fancy my chances on a hoverboard but this looks like a scooter with its handlebars nicked???

image.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Government claim they are dangerous.

Basically is a Segway without the handlebars.

Plenty vids on YouTube was a craze around 9 months ago.

They'd have to ban many things like skateboards (a scooter without handlebars), skates (a skateboard without the board) if this is the case.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But this has an engine so is classed as a motor vehicle. The other two don't. For that reason it can only be used on private land.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But this has an engine so is classed as a motor vehicle. The other two don't. For that reason it can only be used on private land.

What about mobility scooters and electric bikes? I have also seen segways with handlebars and power assisted scooters and skateboards in my time as well.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Would the police really be this ridiculously pedantic and petty? I note from another article they're being used freely in other countries from the USA to Europe.

Yes, the difference being that over here they've been purchased mainly by dickish bellend chavs who seem intent on using them to scare the shit out of people by haring around in packs knocking people over.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes, the difference being that over here they've been purchased mainly by dickish bellend chavs who seem intent on using them to scare the shit out of people by haring around in packs knocking people over.

Drones. This years must have Xmas pressie? That could be fun!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Well that's just utter crap. From the CPS:
The term 'motor vehicle' is defined in section 185(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 and section 136(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as "a mechanically propelled vehicle, intended or adapted for use on roads".

Although this is the legal definition, ultimately it is a matter of fact and degree for a court to interpret as to whether or not a vehicle is a motor vehicle at the time of the incident.

The term mechanically propelled vehicle is not defined in the Road Traffic Acts. It is ultimately a matter of fact and degree for the court to decide. At its most basic level it is a vehicle which can be propelled by mechanical means. It can include both electrically and steam powered vehicles.

Intended or adapted for use on roadsis also not defined by statute and again ultimately a matter for the court to decide based on the evidence before it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here