Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2015

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Oh man it's falling apart for the Angels. Surely lightning can't strike twice!? Looks like Astros now playing to win for home field advantage!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Oh man it's falling apart for the Angels. Surely lightning can't strike twice!? Looks like Astros now playing to win for home field advantage!

So, it was the Disneys' 'pen that crumbled in the clutch last night. A much more positive vibe at Arlington seem to take the nerves away from the Rangers hitters, despite the early lead for Anaheim.

Hamels did a great job, he was really in the zone - no hits after the 2nd inning. He was being compared to Cliff Lee by the Rangers announcers, not so much in pitching style but in the ability to go deep under pressure.

Happy with the BJs matchup, they have a lot of power but if we pitch well we have every chance. Just starting a project for a client - in Toronto! - unfortunately I don't think I can finesse a trip out there for this week(!)

Anyone have any idea what time the matches will be on Thursday. 6pm ET would suit in Toronto.....

PG

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
So, it was the Disneys' 'pen that crumbled in the clutch last night. A much more positive vibe at Arlington seem to take the nerves away from the Rangers hitters, despite the early lead for Anaheim.

Hamels did a great job, he was really in the zone - no hits after the 2nd inning. He was being compared to Cliff Lee by the Rangers announcers, not so much in pitching style but in the ability to go deep under pressure.

Happy with the BJs matchup, they have a lot of power but if we pitch well we have every chance. Just starting a project for a client - in Toronto! - unfortunately I don't think I can finesse a trip out there for this week(!)

Anyone have any idea what time the matches will be on Thursday. 6pm ET would suit in Toronto.....

PG

Cole did a brilliant job, a bit torn who id like to see win out of Texans and blue Jays, think blue Jays will edge it, price pitches first for the Jays. Match times still to be decided, the weekend games are usually earlier starts I imagine Thursday's will be 7/8ET. Shame wild card games are on late really hoping for Cubs and Astros wins!
Thankfully World Series is on while am out their so won't miss any of that!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
CC Sabitha checks into alcohol rehab clinic on the eve of the Yankees crucial game against the Astros.

A Rod announces that the team will be playing for Sabitha - just about sums it up, a bunch of overpaid addicts !

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
CC Sabitha checks into alcohol rehab clinic on the eve of the Yankees crucial game against the Astros.

A Rod announces that the team will be playing for Sabitha - just about sums it up, a bunch of overpaid addicts !

As Yogi Berra would say, its over

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Always felt that the Astros would be too strong for the Yankees. Tonights game between the Bucs and the Cubs should be a belter. Just got a feeling for the Cubs in this one.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Great to see Astros win, been a while since they were playing post season baseball.

Wish I could watch tonight's game, also got a feeling Cubs will win tonight, arrieta v Cole is one hell of a match up!

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Tonights game between the Bucs and the Cubs should be a belter. Just got a feeling for the Cubs in this one.

Arieta is a beast. Actually, I watch him and am convinced he's a robot. I like both clubs; shame one of them has to lose. Anyone but the Dodgers for me.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Conveniently got the day off tomorrow so staying up for this one. Go Cubbies. Arrieta has a 0.41 ERA since August 1st. Hope his postseason form isn't Kershaw-ish.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Conveniently got the day off tomorrow so staying up for this one. Go Cubbies. Arrieta has a 0.41 ERA since August 1st. Hope his postseason form isn't Kershaw-ish.

Seriously!? That is some stat. Iv really enjoyed watching the Cubs young guns this year, Bryant has had a great rookie year! Wish I could stay up and watch it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here