Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Maidana proved how downhill Mayweather has gone of recent. Fair play, Maidana did destroy Adrien Broner, but if you watch the Amir Khan v Maidana fight, you'll see that Khan was always in control, a lot more than what Mayweather was against him. Mayweather doesn't look the best anymore.

I don't think it's fair to say this fight will favour Mayweather now they've aged. Mayweather has slowed just as much as Manny.

Still want Manny to win though.

Didn't look in control in the 10th!!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Manny lying spark out on the canvas against Marquez and losing on points to Bradley before that and not KO'ing anyone since Cotto and Hatton in 2009

Pacquiao didn't lose to Bradley, worst scoring decision ever. Marquez gets a lucky punch in after 42 rounds of boxing. If you think that losing makes you not the best then look at Ali, Robinson, Armstrongs etc records. He's an 8 division world champion. Battered all before him. Mayweather unbeaten and 5 division world champion. They are the best of their era. And they fight in just over a weeks time, if you don't watch it you're not a boxing fan.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It's a fight past its time no matter what the hype says , like seeing Ali v Frazier 4 in 1980

Did you dream a 4th Frazier vs Ali fight? Ali fought Holmes in 1980.

Manny and Floyd are hardly both past it, both are world champions and Floyd is still undefeated and ring pound for pound best boxer in the world.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both past their best but I think Mayweather will win on points but both would easily beat that horrible little man from Bolton and possibly force him to retire but as a very rich man.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Both past their best but I think Mayweather will win on points but both woukd easily beat that horrible little man from Bolton.

I think that Amir Khan is boxing gold. I absolutely love watching his fights, he will genuinely fight anyone. He's pure entertainment in the ring. He either gets sparked out cold or knocks out his opponent. Whether you like him or not, i'd always tune in to his fights.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I think that Amir Khan is boxing gold. I absolutely love watching his fights, he will genuinely fight anyone. He's pure entertainment in the ring. He either gets sparked out cold or knocks out his opponent. Whether you like him or not, i'd always tune in to his fights.

He has not knocked anyone out since 2011! Can't stand the man, ducked the fight with Brook.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Riley's London Road are showing the fight, looks like I'll have a spare ticket if anyone fancy's it £5

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just watched the weigh in, Manny only 1 pound lighter at 145
At the face off after he said thank you to Mayweather, not sure what to make of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here