Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Luton Rabia School 'undermining British values' in treatment of girls

D

Deleted member 22389

There is indeed.

Whilst there is no way in hell this country is ever going to become a Sharia Jihadist State(and no serious person believes this is possible no matter how much the Choudrays of this world want it) there is a very worrying upsurge in "radical" or ultra conservative Islamic thinking in this country that is slowly creeping in by stealth in many aspects of our society.The abuses in the school system is just one example, muslim patrols in London another,there are countless other examples which on their own might appear trivial and isolated but when viewed as a whole concerns me. It should also worry muslims in this country who dont subscribe to the more radical conservative aspect of their religion.

I have lived through times in this country when people have been scared of the IRA and nuclear war but in my opinion the threat of radical islam today is the greatest threat we have ever faced in modern times.Not because of the terrorist threat in the Uk from extremists(this can be beaten),not because of knobs like Hamza or Choudary(they can be beaten as well)but its a creeping thinking ideology and values from a section of society that seems hell bent on confrontation with British values......and i am concerned they will achieve their aim with the consequence of massive civil unrest.

I would like to think its not a large majority who cant see whats going on but rather a vocal minority. The growing number of news articles on the subject and even threads on NSC would suggest to even the biggest apologist there are concerns in this country and yet you are right there are still individuals who will try to silence complainers and portray anyone who raises these concerns as bigots or racists.

One thing is for certain there is no way in hell its even possible for moderate muslims and non muslims to join together and to address this problem if there continues to be planks denying it,burying their head in the sand and saying oh well "these extremists are not really muslims anyway"

Quite agree, the difficulty for people who can see these side of things is trying to explain to the people who can't. Lived in Luton on and off for 10 years, I noticed a change. The fact I saw more women adopting the burqa over that time said to me that a more hard line, coservative form of Islam was being observed, either imported through immigration, or adopted by our own people. Don't get me wrong, I never had a single problem, however as a non believer you begin to feel out of place because culturally this is on the other end of the scale to what you are used too, and as more of the original people sold up and left the street the whole road ended up taking on a completely different culture. I'm glad I left in the end.

D

Deleted member 22389

despite what they say to these polls a lot of them don't see themselves as British, a Pakistani (born and brought up here) I worked with told me that they will always see themselves as Pakistani first and foremost.

Your probably right, because when Pakistan won the cricket parts of Luton where closed down. I could hear the celebrations from my back garden. This is it below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWv7Mv04XUw

Dandyman

In London village.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Interesting to note your approval of the mass murder of innocent teenagers by a fascist lunatic.

How did you come up with "Interesting to note your approval" from a post giving the hand sign to you presumably.........strange.
By the way, i don't condone it.

Dandyman

In London village.
im incredulous that you can even ask that question, are you honestly that blinkered that you think people who hold views to the right of yours or who are concerned over the rise of Islam in this country would support these people ? Really ?

People have every right to be alarmed by religious extremism and violence. They may also want to ask why if the powers that be are genuinely against such behaviour our government ordered flags to be flown at half mast following the death of the head of state whose regime is responsible for the state sponsorship of terrorism and the torture and oppression of it's own people.

There is a world of difference between opposing terrorism and theocratic extremism and using it as an excuse for updated Paki Bashing.

Dandyman

In London village.
How did you come up with "Interesting to note your approval" from a post giving the hand sign to you presumably.........strange.
By the way, i don't condone it.

Good.

DR likes to claim that he is on a hilarious wind up of over sensitive pinkos by pretending to be a Nazi. Yet he repeatedly lacks the courage to give a straight answer when questioned on acts of violence, racism and bigotry.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
People have every right to be alarmed by religious extremism and violence. They may also want to ask why if the powers that be are genuinely against such behaviour our government ordered flags to be flown at half mast following the death of the head of state whose regime is responsible for the state sponsorship of terrorism and the torture and oppression of it's own people.

There is a world of difference between opposing terrorism and theocratic extremism and using it as an excuse for updated Paki Bashing.
As I said , I'd be interested in your answer to post #44, this isn't it, however From your obvious evasion I'll draw the conclusion that it was the usual ott grandstanding and attempting to portray people as supporters of nut cases merely for holding differing views from you.

Jan 30, 2008
Good.

DR likes to claim that he is on a hilarious wind up of over sensitive pinkos by pretending to be a Nazi. Yet he repeatedly lacks the courage to give a straight answer when questioned on acts of violence, racism and bigotry.
pretending , I always thought I was in your eyes:facepalm:
regards
DR

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Good.

Or maybe answers that do not meet others approval. You obviously know DR, which is why you can sum up his thinking and stance.

Dandyman

In London village.
As I said , I'd be interested in your answer to post #44, this isn't it, however From your obvious evasion I'll draw the conclusion that it was the usual ott grandstanding and attempting to portray people as supporters of nut cases merely for holding differing views from you.

It seems a fairly clear answer to me. There are people with a genuine fear of terrorism and extremism, there are people that use it as a cover for their own racism and bigotry and there are governments with a long record of supporting countries that are state sponsors of terrorism like Saudi Arabia.

Jan 30, 2008
It seems a fairly clear answer to me. There are people with a genuine fear of terrorism and extremism, there are people that use it as a cover for their own racism and bigotry and there are governments with a long record of supporting countries that are state sponsors of terrorism like Saudi Arabia.
What about the people in between that have had enough of people strolling into this country and trying to impose their values
regards
DR

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Clear as mud, you asked soulman whether he would be prepared to condemn breivik , David copeland and Ian Forman, now in my book that is indicating that at the very least you have suspicions that he may support their actions, I asked you if you were that blinkered that you actually believed that because he held views to the right of yours and had concerns over immigration that he would support murder and terrorism, care to answer the question or will you carry on avoiding it?

Dandyman

In London village.
Clear as mud, you asked soulman whether he would be prepared to condemn breivik , David copeland and Ian Forman, now in my book that is indicating that at the very least you have suspicions that he may support their actions, I asked you if you were that blinkered that you actually believed that because he held views to the right of yours and had concerns over immigration that he would support murder and terrorism, care to answer the question or will you carry on avoiding it?

When Islamic terrorists carry out acts of violence there is an immediate chorus from right-wingers that all Muslims must publicly condemn such acts and if they fail to do they clearly support them. The point of the post was to bounce that back on someone who who posts right-wing views and see how the fallacy of collective guilt feels when directed at them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
When Islamic terrorists carry out acts of violence there is an immediate chorus from right-wingers that all Muslims must publicly condemn such acts and if they fail to do they clearly support them. The point of the post was to bounce that back on someone who who posts right-wing views and see how the fallacy of collective guilt feels when directed at them.

If you want to put up imaginary character references as you see them, then look at what is posted rather than what you would like the poster to put down to feed your ego.
Ok, you stated to me:
"Are you willing to condemn Breivik, David Copeland or Ian Forman ?"

I replied:
"Of course, i condemn killing of innocent people, but your Breivik comparison was limp. Breivik was not a Christian, he was a nutter, ONE nutter against thousands of Muslim extremists who are killing, raping, not only their own but others."

NOTE the word "extremists".......so HOW is that "how the fallacy of collective guilt feels when directed at them"

Behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here