Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more demands for special treatment from muslims

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
They still never serve meat on a Friday at the school where my daughter teaches.

With your underlying logic wouldnt you expect other schools to do the same, if I suspect that they dont then your non meat on a Friday chums do not seem to be demanding or being catered as those wishing not to eat pork !

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
With your underlying logic wouldnt you expect other schools to do the same, if I suspect that they dont then your non meat on a Friday chums do not seem to be demanding or being catered as those wishing not to eat pork !

I think you'll find that the majority of state funded Catholic schools are the same.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think you'll find that the majority of state funded Catholic schools are the same.

But isnt the point that those non Muslim schools are now not being served pork due to some minority doctrine, whereas any Catholics that attend non Catholic school seem not to demand or care the same.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
The shouts of Islamophobia are somewhat bizzarre - it was turned down because it was greenbelt land not because it was an application on behalf of Islam. With the details in that article I agree with the decision - we shouldn't be destroying greenbelt land just to bury dead people.

In this country you must be dead before you are buried!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
But isnt the point that those non Muslim schools are now not being served pork due to some minority doctrine, whereas any Catholics that attend non Catholic school seem not to demand or care the same.

No - you're the one missing the point - the school in question has stopped serving pork not because Muslims demand they do so but because of cost issues associated with certain pupils not eating pork.

I think you'll find that many schools with a substantial number of Catholic pupils don't serve meat on a Friday for similar reasons.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No - you're the one missing the point - the school in question has stopped serving pork not because Muslims demand they do so but because of cost issues associated with certain pupils not eating pork.

I think you'll find that many schools with a substantial number of Catholic pupils don't serve meat on a Friday for similar reasons.

It is a demand driven by religion otherwise why comply and if that in turn increases costs why would you expect those that did not contribute to that increase be denied choice of what they eat at their non religious school ?

Catholics same.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

When I was at my Catholic primary school we always had fish on a Friday. I hated fish in those days even to the point that I would feel sick just smelling it being cooked. So, I used to come home for dinner on Fridays as I only lived round the corner.
Bloody Catholics ruined my Friday lunch playtime when we generally had the marble championships and for that I will never forgive them.

I know for some kids being buggered by the local priest pissed them off but it was the f*****g fish that did it for me.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You can rest easy - the population of non-Muslims has increased by at least 4 times that figure over a similar period. The difference in numerical terms between the two groups is therefore widening :)

That's not what the Guardian says in its first paragrah on the story..................

"The Muslim population of England and Wales is growing faster than the overall population, with a higher proportion of children and a lower ratio of elderly people, according to an analysis of official data. One in three Muslims is under 15, compared with fewer than one in five overall. There are also fewer elderly Muslims, with 4% aged over 65, compared with 16% of the overall population."

When Songs of Praise started in the 50s there was less than 50k Muslims in the UK, so since then the "gap" has only been going one way.....................

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You can rest easy - the population of non-Muslims has increased by at least 4 times that figure over a similar period. The difference in numerical terms between the two groups is therefore widening :)

If this is an important indicator, would it not be more accurate to show the increases by faith groups ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Care to give an example of maybe 2 or 3 non-faith schools in the UK with a high number of Catholic pupils who specifically don't have meat on the menu every Friday because of them? I'm slightly incredulous about this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gypos getting grief from some pakis eh? I bet choosing a side was a conundrum for some of you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

This is a huge issue, i can't believe they are even thinking of this!!!!

The thin pages of bibles make an excellent emergency rizzla should one run out while desperate for a Jamacian Old Holburn. They can of course be used as an alternative should our student friends have spunked their loans of frivolities such as books and stationary. Won't somebody think of the students?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Found one :)

And here's Gordon Brown with another.

_47737623_jex_676139_de27-1.jpg

What a silly small-minded, racist she is, eh?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
ive read the original article and ive just reread your post , i stand by everything ive said to you , you literally sicken me with your insipid comments and constant droning on about sensitivity , you were probably neville chamberlaibn in a previous life , you and people like you wont be happy until the character and make up of this country is totally and utterly changed , you'll be sorry then but it'll be too late quisling.

i'd say the bible being there in the first place is for a minority interest group, most of which i'd expect to own their own copy anyway. no one, let alone "the majority" are having to change at all in that example.

Quite right

It quite clearly said that the bibles will still be made available just not in peoples rooms. The only way you could use this story as any kind of evidence is if i you spent your time desperately looking for evidence to back up your prejeduces and you suggested that it is a tiny part of a larger conspiracy. "Drip drip" indeed

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Im sure he'll answer for himself in due course but i suspect the point he's trying to make is that yet again the majority are having to change for the (at present) minority, and that eventually this country will become unrecognisable , there are many things that are not necessarily an intrinsic part of my life but i'd miss them if they went or were banned, church bells on a sunday morning for instance ,how long before they become 'offensive' or ' inappropriate ' in an area with a high muslim population, it really isnt beyond the bounds of possibility , references to pigs are banned in certain childrens books, they are doing it by stealth, and one day it will be too late.

How very true Bushy,spot on .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

My kids can't take nuts to school because of the blood Anaphylaxis kids. *******s!! They have to eat their nuts at home (or is that the dog?) and take other stuff to school. It is outrageous. The sacrifices we have to make for other people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here