Slow Cookers

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
My wife kept on about one of these, so I got one for $35, she used it once and found it so difficult to get the baked on stuff off so into the cupboard it went, never to be seen again.
You can have it if you come and pick it up.:whistle:

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Isn't a slow cooker just a casserole dish that holds the temperature constant at about 15 degrees (or whatever it is)? That's it. It does one thing. How much research or recommendation do you need?

Therefore, if you buy cheap own brand stuff, its going to be crap and not last compared to paying more for a decent make.

For what its worth, if Meile do one, just buy that because they are the greatest manufacturer of household stuff on the planet.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Fair enough. Enjoy!

Gotta say there's nothing nicer than coming back from football in the freezing cold winter months than to the warm welcoming aroma of something you stuck in the slow cooker earlier in the day.

...and there's nothing worse than coming home from a long day out and realising you forgot to turn it on! :facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Asked my wife where ours came from and apparently she got it as a free gift for getting sent a catalogue over 30 years ago

It still gets used 30 years on, and so it seems in this instance, you don't get what you paid for ???

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Slow cookers are superb, I even took it camping once! Three guys having a cook off on their BBQ's, were asking what I was cooking as it smells awesome! :D
I have just got some diced steak to go in it tomorrow, anyone got any recipe's to share? I have slow cooker books etc. but someone might have something they use regularly.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Slow cookers are superb, I even took it camping once! Three guys having a cook off on their BBQ's, were asking what I was cooking as it smells awesome! :D
I have just got some diced steak to go in it tomorrow, anyone got any recipe's to share? I have slow cooker books etc. but someone might have something they use regularly.

If in a hurry, a bit of a cheat is to use this as a solid base then go mad on adding to taste eg. Beef stock, mixed herbs, more ale and some smoked paprika works too. Depends on time.

ste.JPG

The Morphy Richard's 'sear and stew' slow cooker is excellent - it cost just under £30
The beauty of it is that you can sear your meat on the hob in the slow cooker pot first

Now that is bloody handy.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
oddly enough i was looking to get a slow cooker this week,couple of questions

are the ones with the sear/saute function better or just saving on the washing up

if i get one of the big 6L ones can you still cook recipes for 2 or 3 people in them when required

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
oddly enough i was looking to get a slow cooker this week,couple of questions

are the ones with the sear/saute function better or just saving on the washing up

if i get one of the big 6L ones can you still cook recipes for 2 or 3 people in them when required

My one is very good function wise - and yes it does save messing about with a second pan - and yes it is OK to cook a smaller quantity in a larger pot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here