Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you watch these grim ISIS execution videos?

Do you watch ISIS execution videos?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If so, why would you do that?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No. Never have, never will. Don't understand why anyone would, unless in some professional capacity.

Quite apart from not wishing to commit such scenes to my memory, there is the aspect that they WANT you to watch them. They are filming them because they want you to be repulsed, shocked, scared. I'd rather not give them want they want.

Voted No Fecking way.

I have however seen one, by mistake. A friend had it on his phone and I watched it thinking it was a spoof, wondering what was going to happen, where the joke was.

I'll tell you what happened, I didn't sleep properly for weeks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No.

These acts of barbarism are a show, without viewers there is no show.

I win.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not a chance.

I notice how the 2 people who voted yes haven't said why. [MENTION=25389]Jay Cartwright[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22488]Premiership Dream[/MENTION], why would you want to see them?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I have watched one - the one with the mass execution of the Syrian pilots. I watched it because I like to make up my own mind about these things and be better informed. It is from this I have concluded that although ISIS are doing this in the name of Islam, the perpetrators are psychopaths using this "idealogy" to gratify their insane perversions. Why else would the coward "Jihad John" stop half way through a beheading to look at the camera and hold the victims neck in such a way to show the world exactly what he is doing and how he is enjoying it? He is insane and in no way, in my mind anyway, doing this to be closer to God - he is doing it because he likes it.

No, I will not watch another one though!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nope. The more views, the greater the feeling of smug justification amongst the human monsters and their apologists who perpetrate such abominations.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite apart from not wishing to commit such scenes to my memory, there is the aspect that they WANT you to watch them. They are filming them because they want you to be repulsed, shocked, scared. I'd rather not give them want they want.

Big fat this.

Plus the fact I'm a big girls blouse who doesn't even watch horror films, so certainly wouldn't want to watch something that horrific which is actually real.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I came across the pictures of the Jordanian pilot in the cage with the spark being lit at the other end... that was enough for me to understand the terror that pilot must have experienced in that brief moment rather than watch his body become engulfed in a flame. Its not that I'm scared to watch the videos, I've no idea what the result would be on my own mental capacity to watch these videos. I remember watching the video of the Iraqi leader being hung with little emotion or afterthought. So that poses the question - what is the difference between watching the enemy being hung yet one of our own being murdered? Same thing essentially, death is death no matter who it is, different circumstances. What effect does it have and why does it differ depending on the person or circumstance?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I saw the original Daniel Pearl one,..... that shook the b'jesus out of me,..... never again,... and I continue to badger my two children ( 24 and 26) not to be tempted,.... its just too disturbing.......

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Voted other.

I went through a phase when I was 16/17 when stuff like this interested me, think it was reaching that age where I realised I was mortal, so have seen things similar. However, as others have said, viewing the videos are what ISIS want so I haven't looked at anything they've done.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
For a very short time in the mid nineties there was a video tape you could purchase, that featured quite a number of executions in various guises. A mate managed to get a copy before the video was blacklisted and taken off the shelves. Curiosity got the better of me and I watched some of the video. I was cured from that moment at wanting to see another human being lose their life in the manner that I witnessed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've never seen any and don't plan to. It's one thing to know what's happening, but if they want us to watch their sick videos, I'm not going to.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For a very short time in the mid nineties there was a video tape you could purchase, that featured quite a number of executions in various guises. A mate managed to get a copy before the video was blacklisted and taken off the shelves. Curiosity got the better of me and I watched some of the video. I was cured from that moment at wanting to see another human being lose their life in the manner that I witnessed.

I remember a spate of "snuff" movies being discussed in the early days of video players. I was always curious as to whether these were really people being killed but even then never had the balls or inclination to actually watch, Like Pasty I'm a bit of a wooss and don't even watch horror movies though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have not and probably never will.

Dec 29, 2011
I haven't, but would if I could. Watching an execution video shows no respect towards the poor person killed. It's one more view for ISIS to see on their video and think it was worth it. If every video had 0 views I think their incentive to do these executions would diminish. By not viewing any of the videos I feel I have done my small part against future executions, however small it may be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here