Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jfc tackled by himself

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What is the obsession with the 'big man up front'? Last year Liverpool's very successful attack was sterling, sturridge and Suarez. Pace and movement over cart horse power.

It's not an obsession, but hyppia has shown that he leaves dunk and Greer up front near the end of the match, so perhaps it's just not me and everyone around me, and the manager, and the people you talk to after the game who thinks that if the midgets up front are not winning jack, then when in the last 10 minutes we are hoofing the ball up front, which we do every game, why did we chose yesterday to put ogrady up front who can't win balls in the air.

That was all...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not the first player to do it and won't be the last. Will go on to play in the premier league, with or without us

Is the right answer.

Quality player completely under rated by many. Works the ball well, puts in a shift but probably needs a rest after the international break as he is playing too many games including under 21s for England.

Would personally rather he played and developed further with us than see some Spanish nobody take his place.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I find JFC a bit meh

Isn't crap by any means as some would say but for me doesn't justify being picked week after week no matter how he plays. I appreciate he does some of the less glamorous work, but then so did Bridcutt and people raved about him.

For me a player who gets to play week in week out by law of averages would have a game every so often that would have you talking about how he influenced the game or 'took the game by the scruff of the neck'. JFC doesn't do that for me, 6 out of 10 every week and while I admit he does need some quality around him he also needs to influence the game himself rather than some weeks when he goes hiding.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Some clueless ****ing idiots on this thread. JFC has been our best midfielder in the last few weeks. Hes not a world beater but he is a decent player people slatting him probably slated barnes in the past as well.

In my opinion, he's not quick, cannot go past a man to give himself more time, is caught in possession too much, has not made a telling pass all season, is easily pushed off the ball, does not defend well because of his stature, is great at passing back 5m then turning is back on play to jog off somewhere else, can pass it sideways, is good at passing to a man who has the opposition 1mm from his collar, has the weakest shot on the pitch, makes bad choices and doesn't cover enough ground. Unfortunately he doesn't get my vote and someone please tell him to stop waving his arms about at other players. Sorry, just don't think he is up to it.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
In my opinion, he's not quick, cannot go past a man to give himself more time, is caught in possession too much, has not made a telling pass all season, is easily pushed off the ball, does not defend well because of his stature, is great at passing back 5m then turning is back on play to jog off somewhere else, can pass it sideways, is good at passing to a man who has the opposition 1mm from his collar, has the weakest shot on the pitch, makes bad choices and doesn't cover enough ground. Unfortunately he doesn't get my vote and someone please tell him to stop waving his arms about at other players. Sorry, just don't think he is up to it.

Nail on head

paulfair

Feb 2, 2009

The most complete assesment i have read so far and spot on ,people used to say the same thing about Liam Bridcutt that he would go on to grace the premier leaque ,well i dont think so. jfc is no more than div 2 level trust me.

Eddie Bee

Feb 3, 2009
Shoreham by Sea
So... If he is as bad as some 'respected analysts' on NSC seem to think, WHY has he been selected consistently by Oscar and Sammi, oh and England U16, U17, U18 and U21's. Under 21's he has 9 caps and just been picked again for the squad. Some of 'us' obviously know a lot more and will see him settle in Div 2 mediocrity soon enough? ???

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Quality tackle jfc made on himself trying to cross ball in whilst his leg was in the way whoop whoop
This happened pretty close to where I sit. Just as he went to hit the cross his right foot slipped, which is what caused the problem. A lot of players slip on the pitch every game but no-one else seems to get the stick that JFC gets.

I'm guessing that to be balanced and fair you've also started threads about Paddy's airshot - that from a current international player - and the quality 'pass' that Gardner hit to no-one out on the left. That's the same Gardner on loan to us from a prem club and thought to have a promising future. Can't see them though....

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
This happened pretty close to where I sit. Just as he went to hit the cross his right foot slipped, which is what caused the problem. A lot of players slip on the pitch every game but no-one else seems to get the stick that JFC gets.

I'm guessing that to be balanced and fair you've also started threads about Paddy's airshot - that from a current international player - and the quality 'pass' that Gardner hit to no-one out on the left. That's the same Gardner on loan to us from a prem club and thought to have a promising future. Can't see them though....

And that sums up our midfield at the moment, pretty ineffectual

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

oh right ...so it couldnt have been him that put a pass through that caught the Blackburn defence napping ,but found our so called strike force half asleep which could have been a shot on target .....my mistake he cant pass .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here