Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Stockdale

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
[tweet]490428853198659585[/tweet]

Brighton are set to make a £1million bid for Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale. (The Sun)

:moo:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good keeper. Been in a few England squads and would be well worth the investment. Could easily cover for 3 years whilst we develop Walton who in turn could be out keeper for the next 10 years if he progresses as he is currently.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is obviously an opening bid which will probably rise to about 3m whether we are prepared to pay, that I doubt very much. This could alert the big spenders like Middlesbro.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
true but keepers do not command big fees which i can never understand, as Brian Clough said a good keeper is worth 20+ points a season to a club.

I agree that keepers go for less generally. As you say it's odd because it's probably the most important position. If your keeper makes a mistake, it generally costs you a goal whereas other positions there's more chance it won't. Stockdale for £1 million would be an incredible signing but really can't see it happening.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Very, very unlikely. Just spoken to my Fulham mate and Stockdale's played in all their pre-season friendlies and is almost certain to be their no. 1 going into the season with their only other keeper Stekelenburg angling for a move (after being frozen out pretty much). Would be madness on their part to let him go, especially for £1m.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good keeper but I doubt there's anything in it, How would the Sun newspaper know who we are going to bid for and how much considering all our dealings are kept very secret?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
He only has a year left on his Fulham contract.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
At 28 Stockdale would be a tremendous signing for 1M. Fulham have been sending him out on loan for the last 7-8 years. I hope he can see the benefit of being first choice keeper at a progressive club rather than being messed around by a club on the slide.
Bring it on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here