Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Berlin Airport - Massive Overspend, Inefficiency and a Severe Delay in Opening

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Is that airport still not open!! I had a flight booked there frigging ages ago (18 months?) so they obv thought it was going to open. Call it schadenfreude, but it's a bit of a laugh to see the Germans make such a dogs dinner of something.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Is that airport still not open!! I had a flight booked there frigging ages ago (18 months?) so they obv thought it was going to open. Call it schadenfreude, but it's a bit of a laugh to see the Germans make such a dogs dinner of something.

The airport it's being built beside (Schoenefeld) is still open but the new one is probably going to have to have the entire above-ground part of the terminal demolished and replaced.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
i did an open top bus tour in berlin the other week and the bus broke down. much to the amusement of the assembled brits.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the new one is probably going to have to have the entire above-ground part of the terminal demolished and replaced.

Absolute crap.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
So is that from personal experience Mr Tubby ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So is that from personal experience Mr Tubby ?

Yes, why the interest. It's no big deal. I dont like them and they probably dont like me.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
An interested party that's all . always good to see peoples perception .. have you traveled on many airlines ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's what the German media are reporting.

I know you don't want to admit it but this has been a failure of Spanish proportions (actually, no, they can build airports on time - considering they've built so many that aren't even used. Italian maybe...)

Care to post the links?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An interested party that's all . always good to see peoples perception .. have you traveled on many airlines ?

Yes. Quite a few over the years as it happens. I have not flown them for about 7 years though.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Perhaps you might want to update your views at some point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps you might want to update your views at some point

I have not seen or heard anything from from friends or colleagues to suggest they have improved though. Maybe if I do I will fly them again. I'm happy with other airlines at the moment so why risk being disappointed again? It's their job to encourage me, not for me to continually check-in to see if they have improved.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's what the German media are reporting.

I know you don't want to admit it but this has been a failure of Spanish proportions (actually, no, they can build airports on time - considering they've built so many that aren't even used. Italian maybe...)

I'm sure they could knock it down, rebuild it and still have it up and running before the 3rd Heathrow run way is started.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Quite, and its up to them to do that via price incentive baggage , and convenience of route etc. , but to slate something you haven,t used for seven years?

Let me see , where were the Albion 7 years ago?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite, and its up to them to do that via price incentive baggage , and convenience of route etc. , but to slate something you haven,t used for seven years?

Let me see , where were the Albion 7 years ago?

You seem to have an interest in BA. So come on then, try and tempt me. They used to be special, a cut above the rest, but then they started cutting costs and the quality diminished. They became just another airline. So what sets them apart from other airlines these days?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
No not really , just risen to your comments on something you know sweet FA about

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You seem to have an interest in BA. So come on then, try and tempt me. They used to be special, a cut above the rest, but then they started cutting costs and the quality diminished. They became just another airline. So what sets them apart from other airlines these days?

like all airlines they started cutting costs due to all sorts of pressures. one of them is they now have a client base that will shift carriers based on being charged 25 quid for a checked bag. and then think its the 50s and they should be plied with champagne and treated like lords.

BA have a very very professional crew (although mixed fleet is diluting that) and i think you would find out BA's true value when there is a real issue. safety, attention to detail, professionalism.

i stopped flying Singapore for the opposite reasons, no matter how they may kiss your arse and all look pretty they dont enforce any sort of responsible cabin behaviour from passengers or seem to exercise any control. aircraft constantly going tech. thats what drives my decisions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No not really , just risen to your comments on something you know sweet FA about

I'm sorry but I do know that they were rubbish with me about 7 years ago so I stopped using them. What else is there for me to know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here