Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Award winning stadium!

How did are wonderful stadium get it so badly wrong on the concourse design? Mainly talking about the esu,it seems the tv's are located so those gathering around jam up the whole thing. Why not have the tv's facing the outside of the stadium so all those wanting to watch would be away from the kiosk/toilets etc,also no tvs at either end of the concourse where there is more room. Queueing rails at the kiosk would stop the blocking of the concourse,hand dryers could be placed away from the toilet entrance giving you a chance to dry your hands without getting stampeded??? Would be nice to have shutters that they could draw across the post match bar area making it slightly more cosy and cutting out those bitter winds. Simple things that would encourage a bigger spend even more people staying after ko. Some decent sized screens would be nice :blush: What about a few perch seats facing the screens?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
More than enough reason for withdrawing those awards I agree. Absolutely disgraceful act of wanton design and construction errors.unforgivable!

Many thanks for raising this issue on.this forum. Well done that man.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You forgot to mention the battle to get the milk and sugar and I have mentioned the hand dryers to the club before as you have to get past the queue with dripping hands to dry them not good.also they need more :shit:stations! :facepalm:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Move to the West Upper. More room and lit be sunlight.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I just wish I could find an angle to stand at so that I don't get a striplight reflection across the screen. One does exist, but it involves a visit to the chiropractor afterwards.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think it's DISGRACEFUL there are no travelators from the station to the stadium. It's simply RIDICULOUS that we are expected to walk for 5 minutes after getting off the train.

Everyone OUT

It's more outrageous that the trains don't run into the actual stands. There should be one long 30,750 capacity train that comes onto the pitch, picks everyone up and takes them all home to their individual houses, within three minutes of the final whistle.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It's more outrageous that the trains don't run into the actual stands. There should be one long 30,750 capacity train that comes onto the pitch, picks everyone up and takes them all home to their individual houses, within three minutes of the final whistle.

No good unless it has playstations to keep the kids occupied.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Ah bless; the OP is a silly attention seeking boy.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think it's DISGRACEFUL there are no travelators from the station to the stadium. It's simply RIDICULOUS that we are expected to walk for 5 minutes after getting off the train.

Everyone OUT

Just because you can't at the moment!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I'd like to know why the club isn't at the forefront of research into Star Trek-style transporter beams so that we can be teleported from our homes direct into our seats. Barber OUT!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I just wish I could find an angle to stand at so that I don't get a striplight reflection across the screen. One does exist, but it involves a visit to the chiropractor afterwards.

Absolutely this. I love our stadium and the vast majority of the facilities, but I'm puzzled this was overlooked.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Why are all the serving staff on the concourses wearing huge nets on their heads? Is there something wrong with their HAIR? This is a question for BARBER!
Barber_pole_2.gif

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

three minutes before...?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
How did are wonderful stadium get it so badly wrong on the concourse design? Mainly talking about the esu,it seems the tv's are located so those gathering around jam up the whole thing. Why not have the tv's facing the outside of the stadium so all those wanting to watch would be away from the kiosk/toilets etc,also no tvs at either end of the concourse where there is more room. Queueing rails at the kiosk would stop the blocking of the concourse,hand dryers could be placed away from the toilet entrance giving you a chance to dry your hands without getting stampeded??? Would be nice to have shutters that they could draw across the post match bar area making it slightly more cosy and cutting out those bitter winds. Simple things that would encourage a bigger spend even more people staying after ko. Some decent sized screens would be nice :blush: What about a few perch seats facing the screens?

I love the stadium but there are a few small issues that would make all the difference. They have been brought up many times before. Funnily enough none of the issues are pitch side and many would cost hardly anything to carry out.Not all parts of the ground have the same problems.
Where possible the gents need to have an entrance and exit to save bumping into each other. It worked at Withdean really well.
More shelving for your pie and pint. There are some wall pictures in the way move them up and add shelving.
Yes ,move the dryers.
Let's have an ATM machine outside. I realise the club want you to go cashless but not everyone can or wants to.
These are only small things but would improve our great stadium.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why would you want an ATM machine? Why would you want to put your card in and draw out cash to pay full price for food and drink, when you can have the amount added to your season ticket to get everything at a discount?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would you want an ATM machine? Why would you want to put your card in and draw out cash to pay full price for food and drink, when you can have the amount added to your season ticket to get everything at a discount?

It's not a discount but you get cash back which has to be spent at the stadium. The cash back only applies for a certain amount of time before and again after the game. Some fans may not want to get there over an hour earlier or wait for over an hour after the final whistle just to get something which is tied into the club anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here