Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is your favourite ever RIGHT BACK.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It's between Watson and Calderon for me.

-Watto won back to back promotions, hit some great freekicks and his telepathic understanding with Zamora was one of the great thing to see on a football pitch.
-I have a man crush on Calde.

So Calderon wins.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
No one has yet mentioned Gary Stevens, that'll be a good shout - though his best performance was obviously at CB in THAT game. Crumplin away at Liverpool in the FA Cup was a joy to watch! I also loved Ken Tiler who was the right-back when I first started my love affair with the Albion.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Stewart Henderson.
I was seriously pee'd off when we let him go to Reading.
Best slide-tackler we ever had - he'd get a booking every match the way the game is played now

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Another vote for the football genius - for the youngsters if you have been won over by Ashley Barnes for his commitment and ability to rise above the boo boys, you would likely have loved Johnny Crumplin. Completely written off as a comedy full back, who kept putting the ball out for thrown ins every time, he tried to pass the ball up the line. He won over many people with his all action approach, cavalier overhead clearances and gung ho attacking approach a la Calderon. Unlikely to feature in any all time greatest XIs, but still fondly remebered for doing a job on England International John Barnes at Anfield.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If only for this goal...

...Stuart Munday! (he was a utility defender who favoured RB if I recall correctly)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I didn't think it was possible to like a defender as much as I like Calde :D

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If only for this goal...

...Stuart Munday! (he was a utility defender who favoured RB if I recall correctly)

If Stuart was playing today, I can guarantee he would have a spoof Twitter account to rival James Milner ! I was at Leicester that day and strangely like everyone else who claimed to be there, I was stood in the perfect spot to watch the ball arc into the top corner. I also seem to recall he played in midfield that day, rather than at full back.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
If Stuart was playing today, I can guarantee he would have a spoof Twitter account to rival James Milner ! I was at Leicester that day and strangely like everyone else who claimed to be there, I was stood in the perfect spot to watch the ball arc into the top corner. I also seem to recall he played in midfield that day, rather than at full back.

You would certainly wonder what he was doing picking the ball up there if he was playing RB!
I seem to remember a few different RBs tried out while he was around - he wasn't always dropped, just moved around as he was quite versatile. Stuart Tuck & Stuart Myall may have been in the mix for RB at about the same time? Chappers would have still been around too. Seems like a long time ago, yet only yesterday in some respects!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here