Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading "hooligans"

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The Amex is local, and our game was off. As for winding bha fans up, that's rubbish.
Oh and we hate the Kassam too, and the manager.
There was 20,000+ fans in the library today! and the only noises heard were the squeaks of the chairs as balding middle aged men with kids turned around to gesticulate at the reading kids. Oh and the noises of the two flags waved once in the sw corner during half time. Strange to see as many Argentinian and Spanish flags, as Albion flags as well.
There was also the occasional drone of the sole chant brighton seem to role out of "Albion, Albion"

Must be nice to see 20,000+ fans though. A decent turn out for a 3rd round fixture. Do come again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
OC.jpg Oxford City FC.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The Amex is local, and our game was off. As for winding bha fans up, that's rubbish.
Oh and we hate the Kassam too, and the manager.
There was 20,000+ fans in the library today! and the only noises heard were the squeaks of the chairs as balding middle aged men with kids turned around to gesticulate at the reading kids. Oh and the noises of the two flags waved once in the sw corner during half time. Strange to see as many Argentinian and Spanish flags, as Albion flags as well.
There was also the occasional drone of the sole chant brighton seem to role out of "Albion, Albion"

We appreciate our foreign players hence the Spanish and Argentinian flags. .

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Did the Mayor of Denton have his robe of office on then, or had he raided the British Rail lost property office:rave:

His lordship was incognito yesterday, dressed as a 2nd hand car dealer. I believe he may have smuggled someone in, inside his coat and stood on their shoulders.
He was in good form and a great day was had by all.
Maybe if we get a home draw in the 4th round, you can join the South stand massive?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be quite honest, it was the brighton fans who were pathetic, from the safety of the netting. Fifty year old's who were acting up to these kids. Our game at charlton was called off yesterday, so three of us decided to go to the game.
We sat right in front of these reading fans, who spent most of the match chanting trying to create an atmosphere, as bha fans certainly weren't. After your goal went in the stage was set for the "south-west brighton mob", old gits basically, to gesticulate and spend the rest of the game watching the reading fans, rather than the teams.

Nice ground by the way, but I've seen more atmosphere and chanting in a graveyard.

My sister in law's ex is an Oxford fan and dragged me along to your new year game against Wycombe a few years ago. Never mind graveyard, it was like a Mars exploration and that was for a supposed local derby. People who live in three sided grounds just shouldn't.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You expect the ground to be electric for a cup game? Those kids weren't trying to create an atmosphere. They were watching the Reading fans behind you? Did you turn your seat around and watch the Brighton fans? Bit odd to pay a tenner to watch fans..

You have no idea how sad that statement makes me , and a few others on here I should imagine .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You have no idea how sad that statement makes me , and a few others on here I should imagine .

Yep. Southampton 86 and Arsenal 88 anyone? And those were just games I was old (and lucky) enough to be in the North at the Goldstone for. I bet they were nothing on 1983.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yep. Southampton 86 and Arsenal 88 anyone? And those were just games I was old (and lucky) enough to be in the North at the Goldstone for. I bet they were nothing on 1983.

You should have been there in 1981/82, where we managed to lose 3-0 at home to Oxford, a team two divisions below us that year!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Sheffield Wednesday Liverpool Man City Norwich and the first Man Utd game in 1983 must be up there. ...
Maybe 30 years on history almost repeats. .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be quite honest, it was the brighton fans who were pathetic, from the safety of the netting. Fifty year old's who were acting up to these kids. Our game at charlton was called off yesterday, so three of us decided to go to the game.
We sat right in front of these reading fans, who spent most of the match chanting trying to create an atmosphere, as bha fans certainly weren't. After your goal went in the stage was set for the "south-west brighton mob", old gits basically, to gesticulate and spend the rest of the game watching the reading fans, rather than the teams.

Nice ground by the way, but I've seen more atmosphere and chanting in a graveyard.

you need to get a life if you spend your spare time in graveyards

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You should have been there in 1981/82, where we managed to lose 3-0 at home to Oxford, a team two divisions below us that year!

I was in the West with the friends of my parents that took me back then. Don't remember it being electric but I do remember Keith Casells ripping us a new one. Apparently something happened afterwards in Hove Park :whistle:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
DS, you are very welcome to the Amex as your game was off, but this still doesn't explain why you have posted smart arse comments 218 times to a BHA fans forum if you are a neutral. Sounds more like you have an axe to grind. Do you spend your life trolling other clubs websites or is it just ours? Anyway good luck to Oxford Utd on their way back, but rest assured that I won't be cluttering-up your fans forum with endless posts, but then I do have a life and better things to do with my time.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I had the great pleasure of seeing the Reading Kiddie Krew attempting to look hard, as they sought shelter from the rain in the clubtat stall opposite the NS entrance. Once they'd had time to rearange their crap hair do's & sing "Oooooooo Adam Le Fondue" a few times, they barrelled off towards the flight of steps westward in a scene that evoked the spirit of Green Street: but as an endearing remake in a Bugsy Malone styleee.

Lovely stuff.

gazza13

Oct 18, 2013
Are you talking about 'Frankie Fryer' aka 'Danny Dyer' aka 'the **** in the Tan coat??? Can't say it was too scary. brilliant atmosphere 'cos of it though!!!

Jan 30, 2008
to be fair i heard Reading did have some chaps on show a few years back at their place ,was a Friday night game, anyone there know's the score :whistle:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here