Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Went to see The Lathums at a tiny venue (200 capacity Albert's) in Nottingham last week. Very good young band. Supergrass in Leeds this Sunday coming.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Delving into my poppier side on Friday and going to see Sarpa Salpa at Boileroom, Guildford. What's not to love? Ticket price in single figures and a chance to see a new band at a belting little venue. Having a bit of a Boileroom fest in the coming months, with Beach Riot and Lady Bird gigs still to come. Happy days.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going to see Girl Ray tomorrow night. I prefer their first album to the poppier second which I guess will feature heavily.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I went to see Franc Moody at The Concorde toight, solo as several people dropped out. I am so glad I did - what a band, what a vibe. They were absolutely brilliant.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Enjoyed Alex Henry Foster supporting trail of dead the other night at patterns. Cheered me up post palace game

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Frank Turner was brilliant last night at the Dome. A good dose of positivity when the weather, news and football are all sh*te.

Bad//Dreems at the Hope & Ruin is the next one up for me.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am off to Hastings today, staying with friends and checking out the pubs...

They have bought us tickets for British Sea Power in their local pub this afternoon at 4pm (!).

I don't know much about BSP, but I know some on here love them. I saw them once about ten years ago, and enjoyed it, so quite looking forward to this.

Especially as it means I can ignore Wolves away.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I am off to Hastings today, staying with friends and checking out the pubs...

They have bought us tickets for British Sea Power in their local pub this afternoon at 4pm (!).

I don't know much about BSP, but I know some on here love them. I saw them once about ten years ago, and enjoyed it, so quite looking forward to this.

Especially as it means I can ignore Wolves away.

I am jealous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2n-7K0Ef6Y

Jul 7, 2003
With live music at a standstill I heard Alice Cooper saying that while artists like him are able to survive, many bands will struggle with income from gigs and merchandise their main income. He was encouraging people to go online and buy merch or music from band sites to help them out. Streaming is not the answer as bands get so little income from this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here