Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They're nuts now, aren't they? Fair play, though - more ambitious than touring the Mercury album forever.

Also look younger than they did 12 years ago ???

That was the best online show I have seen in my three online festivals since lock down. Love the caravan, light, smoke rocking show. Great banter and energy with only two of them, I hope they do more. Brilliant.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Forget the rest, here's one for next week to get the juices flowing.

A Crodo spectacular

crap.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They're nuts now, aren't they? Fair play, though - more ambitious than touring the Mercury album forever.

Also look younger than they did 12 years ago ???

Just watched a live Saturday Night show Young Knives did (from the caravan again). Very Good and a great version of Neon Lights my favorite Kraftwerk track at the end. Not sure I would have got 5 items for the picture bingo though. They are asking for suggestions of cover versions to do this weekend I suggested Everyone Loves You When Your Dead by The Stranglers. theyoungknives@gmail.com

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkKzLeEvoRJv

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Just watched a live Saturday Night show Young Knives did (from the caravan again). Very Good and a great version of Neon Lights my favorite Kraftwerk track at the end. Not sure I would have got 5 items for the picture bingo though. They are asking for suggestions of cover versions to do this weekend I suggested Everyone Loves You When Your Dead by The Stranglers. theyoungknives@gmail.com

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkKzLeEvoRJv

Thank you sir! Crikey, that is a very pleasing Walking on the Autobahn at 35ish minutes. Loved that guitar sound on almost every song on that album, plus the sense of coiled madness in all of the vocals.

Email requests reminds me of when they played Brighton sometime in the Stone Age. I emailed them requesting John but due to being a wanker I only remembered to do it on the afternoon of the gig. My mate shouted it out, they said they would have loved to have done it but didn't have time in the set.

Another great story there, apologies

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Blimey, had to rescue this page from the depths of nsc...anyway, didn’t know where else to put this but trust the Flaming Lips chaps to solve the problem of putting on a gig
C64A0A8D-47EE-4500-A0B3-63AF30C5F477.jpeg

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Day 1 of The Wedding Present, "Edge Of The Sofa Virtual Festival" is drawing to a close.

and truly splendid it has been

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Yep, and more to come tomorrow. Although I might swerve badly drawn boy, and he was terrifyingly dire at the real EOTS all those years ago. Never seen the concorde bar fill up so quickly when a band was on.

Here we go again :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going to a friend’s tonight to watch Bicep do a live stream gig thing.

And there is some movement on the live music scene starting to appear now. Rufus Wainwright is doing a couple of gigs next week in Hamburg. And there’s some gigs being put on by Synästhesie in the coming weeks/months.

Slow first steps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here