Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The LEAST exciting Albion signing ever?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
By default it can't be a previously well known player (such as Jason Dodd), or a young player (as there is the excitement of potential).

Also it can't be a striker or a winger because they are always exciting or, indeed, a player coming from a much bigger club's youth system.

Therefore, I would suggest Alan Blayney.

Boring name.
Loan goalkeeper
Came from Southampton
Northern Irish.

DULLSVILLE.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Even if they are Seb Carole?

Seb Carole was never BORING though.

Sure we saw A LOT of him and he got gradually worse, but he certainly was not dull compared to the thousands of players to have signed for this club.

And he has a sexy surname, which straight away makes him immune.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
No you're not. Just after the 78 world cup when Peru had beaten the jocks. Oblitas was one but can't remember the name of the other. Cubillas was Peru's main man but it wasn't him I think. Bit suspicious that Argentina knew they needed to beat Peru by 4 goals in the quarters to progress and low and behold, they won 6-0!!!

Still, for the purpose of the thread, we didn't actually sign them.

Was the other one Percy Rojas?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is probably the right answer. Hammond most over hyped but always thought he'd be decent/average

I think the issue with Hammond is that we were all expecting the return of Bennett and what we got was Hammond. It was akin to expecting a blow job from Shakira only for Susan Boyle to turn up on your door step. They're both decent singers but only one of them is going to give you a hard on.

Jimmy Grimble

Carole for his third spell is definitely the correct answer.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I remember being fairly unenthused by Doug Loft signing up. Little did I know that I'd end up getting a t-shirt made in his honour.

Has to be Billy Painter for me. We were missing one vital piece of the puzzle first season up at the Amex: A 20 goal a season striker. Poyet tried and tried and tried to sign a big name...yet the net result was some useless, lanky streak of piss. We knew he'd be cack as soon as he signed and he certainly didn't let us down in that respect.

Hammond was a real :ffsparr: moment. As was Nathan Jones as assistant manager.

There have been many pointless and terrible signings during my years watching the Albion, but at the very pinnacle (at the time) of our footballing progress, with tiki-taka football mesmerising opponents and winning plaudits in the stands: it was Barndoor Billy that arrived, failed and swiftly departed.

What a ****ing disappointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here