Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please tell me who is in charge.....

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
We have no manager, we have a head coach, we are the only club in Britain preparing for FFP, we have a man who signs player the coach doesn't want. This is not the club I and many grew up loving. Im sick of it. Time to revolt. Bring in a foreign manager with no knowledge of the English game by all means, but tell me his second signing wanted to be Keith Andrews? Time for a change somewhere along the line. :facepalm:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Shsh you cant say that it will upset those who can see no wrong and think that we are doing fine at the moment.

I know Grandad, just asking for someone to explain who our boss is, as we have no manager.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This all sounds like an episode of dad's army 'We're all doomed'. Most European teams work with a head coach rather than a manager, without issues. While a few clubs have tried this before in England, there is no reason why with the right partnership this approach should fail at the Albion. As for FFP far better to be solvent and starting future seasons without 10 point penalties for being in administration.
No doubt a win at Birmingham followed by home wins in the next 2 games, and Oscar will be seen as the next Barca manger and Tony Bloom will be a genius.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
We have no manager, we have a head coach, we are the only club in Britain preparing for FFP, we have a man who signs player the coach doesn't want. This is not the club I and many grew up loving. Im sick of it. Time to revolt. Bring in a foreign manager with no knowledge of the English game by all means, but tell me his second signing wanted to be Keith Andrews? Time for a change somewhere along the line. :facepalm:

Welcome to big money football where those who question Bloom are traitors !

Feb 14, 2010
The man in charge is the bloke who spent upwards of £150 Million on the club since Withdean and thank god he is. Some people whinge and whine when we have nothing to whinge about. When we played York City at home then Albion fans had a rightto bitch and carp but we have the biggest support in the division, a great ground and are a forward looking club. Lost 3 games? Who cares.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
The man in charge is the bloke who spent upwards of £150 Million on the club since Withdean and thank god he is. Some people whinge and whine when we have nothing to whinge about. When we played York City at home then Albion fans had a rightto bitch and carp but we have the biggest support in the division, a great ground and are a forward looking club. Lost 3 games? Who cares.

I struggle to understand why spending £150m+ means the person spending the money is beyond questioning ?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Lets not panic two games in to the season! Lets judge this season in may! If we get promoted i bet you'll be first in line to say how wonderful everything's been and that Barber and Burke are amazing!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think we probably had the biggest crowd at the weekend not knowing the Leicester att and we are having money issues, something isn't right

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

No evidence that the coach doesn't want Andrews, who is after all an international player. He may well have been put forward as an option by Burke, and perhaps the only realistic one we could get in quickly, but Oscar would have had plenty of material to view, and must have given the ok.

I agree it would be better to be 100% sure, and I really hope Oscar brings in a couple more using his own contacts.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
When you tell me who would do a better job as chairman then I will start listening to your fooking moaning.

Didn't realise Bloom was our manager, now you have told me. I'm a little worried, as thought he was chairman.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What most dont seem to appreciate is that yes it is only 3 games played 3 games lost but it is the manner in which we have lost that is worrying we look totally disorganized and as if nobody has told the player what their duties are. I do not question us following the route of most European teams with a coach being in charge but if that is the case let him show who is in charge and start organising the team. It probably isnt so but it appears that B & B are running the show and Oscar is just toeing the company line as a figurehead to take the stick

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
When you tell me who would do a better job as chairman then I will start listening to your fooking moaning.

Pathetic, isn't it?

I find it surprising that anyone is so blinded by money that they don't question things. I'm not saying anything is definitely wrong but the argument "Bloom spent £150m so he's beyond reproach" is stupidity in itself. I understand that the Cardiff owner has spent more than that but I'm sure the Cardiff fans didn't mind the change of colours at all ..... not. ALWAYS QUESTION !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here