Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City being Liquidated?? (Merged Thread)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Coventry City Liquidated

According to twitter.

What does this mean exactly?

EDIT - Fixtures by 3 minutes - MODs, please delete or merge. Ta.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Confirmed on Sky Sports. Reported that the stadium owners voted against a CVA which would have allowed them to come out of administration - as a result the club will be liquidated.

Sad news, looks like the club has been totally screwed over by the stadium owners.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a fall reminiscent of what the Albion went through, but even worse as it seems to be ending up like most of us feared would happen to us, really feel for Coventry fans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does that mean Crawley won't have a game tomorrow ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Twitter suggestion of burning down the Ricoh. Seems a good idea to me

Well considering it was their owners that have caused all this. If i was the owners of the Ricoh then I would leave Coventry as fast as possible......and double security at the stadium !

Does that mean Crawley won't have a game tomorrow ?

Depends on when things happen Id have thought. Will screw the league up though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ACL pulled the plug as an act of vindictiveness ???

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a mess, the fans are caught between a rock and a hard place, d*ckhead owners and rip-off stadium owners. Their fans seem to think this just means a 15point deduction and a few years in Northampton, I'm a assuming a new CCFC company will be formed following this. Although what this means for their league status I have no idea.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wouldn't be too disheartened if I were them. They've been on a steady decline for years and have a rubbish stadium. Reforming and starting low might be quite fun.

Certainly an opportunity to cut ties with fools with no real interest in the club.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a mess, the fans are caught between a rock and a hard place, d*ckhead owners and rip-off stadium owners. Their fans seem to think this just means a 15point deduction and a few years in Northampton, I'm a assuming a new CCFC company will be formed following this. Although what this means for their league status I have no idea.

I would think with the league programme starting tomorrow the FL has no alternative but to make an expulsion.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
See, I always thought liquidation meant going out of business, but it looks like in this case it means a 15 point deduction and playing in Northampton

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Football League to hold an emergency meeting with a statement later today - minimum points deduction of 15 points but its possible that may actually go upto a deduction of 25 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here