Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a Difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You'll probably live longer if you drink normal coke :lolol:

Pouring it down the toilet bowl makes the porcelain shine after it removes the limescale.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pouring it down the toilet bowl makes the porcelain shine after it removes the limescale.

My ex used to be a hairdresser and she used to tip her old( ish) Hydrogen Peroxide down the whizzer, now that was better than any bleach !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
f you want to clean 1p or 2p coins drop them in a little coke and leave them for a while and then look to see how clean they are, imagine what it does to your stomach.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Diet Coke has an extremely sharp chemical aftertaste to it.

Coke Zero doesn't - at least the combo of sweeteners used here (lower amount of aspertame and acesulfame I think). Other markets have other sweeteners in it so it will taste different there. But it still doesn't taste the same.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Popped in for a rare visit to MacDonalds at Shoreham earlier this evening and had to stand aside for a minute while waiting. A woman came up beside me with 3 young chav kids in tow. She started by ordering 3 Coca Colas only to be interrupted by the server saying that they had run out of Coca cola but had Diet coke. The kids turned it down and said "No".

Maybe I'm too old but can it be so different as to be undrinkable to these kids? Quite apart from the horrific calorie difference. I couldn't tell you what kind of cola I was drinking.

Maybe l'm too much of an afficienado but fat coke is the only one for me, and l drink far too much of it, (yes l know it isn't doing me any good). maybe l'm addicted to the stuff. Any kind of diet fizzy drink isn't the same at all.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Diet coke is the drink of the devil. Regular Coke is good for stomach upsets, and that's about it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't the link to bladder cancer come from the testing on lab rats and extrapolated a human would need to drink gallons each day for decades ?

Think I read somewhere that someone who weighs 75kg would have to drink 21 cans a day to get anywhere near the safe daily limit of aspartame.

Personally I can't stand normal coke as it's like drinking syrup, sickly sweet.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I find it humorous that fat chavy women (especially in Redhill) go into McDonalds, order a Big Mac Meal, Supersized, an Apple Pie and extra Fries and a Diet Coke.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
don't know about McDs coke but I if I ever buy coke its the regular stuff, hate all diet drinks , I think I like the sugar as I have two spoonfulls in tea.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I find these days I can only drink coke if it is cold and fresh. Or, if it has rum in it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think that diet coke and pepsi is orrible
But i also much prefer Pepsi to Coca Cola
A cold Pepsi with ice and a slice of lemon is a very refreshing drink on a hot day
I have never drank pepsi max or coke zero, or any other coke for that matter, except Rola Cola about 40 years ago
Loving old Jamaica ginger beer at the moment, for mass produced supermarket stuff its nice

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I love diet coke and cannot drink regular coke - disgusting

Personally, I can't stand either. In fact I don't like any fizzy drinks - other than champagne of course:)

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It's like saying there's no difference between tea with sugar in it and tea without sugar.

It's more like saying there's no difference between tea with sugar in it, or tea with those low calorie sweetener things in to be honest.

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes there is a difference! Diet Coke is a lovely drink!

Coca Cola is wayyyy too sweet for me which makes it not a very nice drink. Makes my teeth 'fuzzy'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here