Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you Gus Poyet

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I have thought for a while it's might be best for Gus to move on. I don't think we really grasped the opportunity that was in front of us last season to finish in the top two, and we spectacularly bottled the play-offs. Throw in the two-year search for a striker and it's fair to say Gus has some bad points. But I actually feel really sad he's going, now it is a reality. I don't think anyone can deny we've been excellent for most of the last four years. He's the first manager in my 18 years of supporting the Albion that has put a truly class team on the pitch. I don't think I'll ever forget just how incredible we were that day at Charlton. I also like the fact we had a manager with character, who wasn't afraid to say what he really thought. The prospect of replacing him with some faceless **** like Tim Sherwood doesn't bear thinking about. The longer this has gone on the more I think the club have made a horrendous mess, Gus should be our manager in August and I was wrong to be quite so critical of him. I think this will definitely turn out to be a case of better the devil you know.

He's been hacked!

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Thanks Gus for the last 4 years. Thanks for giving us an identity. Thanks for giving us back some pride after the Withdean years. Thanks for being a cool dude in a smart designer suit. Thanks for beating the scum at home in a game so one sided Churchill would have been proud. Thanks for making Bridcutt the focal point of our team and for that Orlandi finish against Newcastle. Thanks. Just thanks.

This.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Thank you Tony Bloom for making me proud to be a Brighton fan.
Thank you Tony Bloom for inputting £18 Mill to keep our club going during the Withdean years.
Thank you Tony Bloom for leaving that money in the club to become the major shareholder and take over the club.
Thank you Tony Bloom for having the foresight within 6 months to bring in a no experienced manager, who you felt could raise the standard and attain your dream for the club.
Thank you Tony Bloom for backing this manager over the years with a player budget unknown at Brighton ever before.
Thank you Tony Bloom for providing the funds to give us a magnificent new stadium that looked dead in the water in the current financial climate.
Thank you Tony Bloom for listening to the manager who wanted a training ground with an academy built and providing the funds for this to happen.
Thank you Tony Bloom for providing the funds for me to see such players as two full England Internationals playing in our back four together.
Thank you Tony Bloom for allowing this un proven manager nearly 5 million pounds to sign two strikers for Brighton, something fans would not have dreamed of at Gillingham
Thank you for holding your cool when your manager, that you have backed to the hilt, has criticised you in TV interviews for the budgets you have given him.
Thank you Tony Bloom for trying to make sure that the same manager does not walk away with around £103 of my season ticket money I have paid this season. If you are successful with this attempt or not I am grateful for your effort in trying to ensure it doesn't happen.
I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am as a Brighton fan for giving me all this and I know you will bring in someone who you feel will take us forward again, at the same time not pay the penalties of failing to meet the FFP rules.

Last edited:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Thank you Tony Bloom for inputting £18 Mill to keep our club going during the Withdean years.
Thank you Tony Bloom for leaving that money in the club to become the major shareholder and take over the club.
Thank you Tony Bloom for having the foresight within 6 months to bring in a no experienced manager, who you felt could raise the standard and attain your dream for the club.
Thank you Tony Bloom for backing this manager over the years with a player budget unknown at Brighton ever before.
Thank you Tony Bloom for providing the funds to give us a magnificent new stadium that looked dead in the water in the current financial climate.
Thank you Tony Bloom for listening to the manager who wanted a training ground with an academy built and providing the funds for this to happen.
Thank you Tony Bloom for providing the funds for me to see such players as two full England Internationals playing in our back four together.
Thank you Tony Bloom for allowing this un proven manager nearly 5 million pounds to sign two strikers for Brighton, something fans would not have dreamed of at Gillingham
Thank you for holding your cool when your manager, that you have backed to the hilt, has criticised you in TV interviews for the budgets you have given him.
Thank you Tony Bloom for trying to make sure that the same manager does not walk away with around £103 of my season ticket money I have paid this season. If you are successful with this attempt or not I am grateful for your effort in trying to ensure it doesn't happen.
I just wanted to let you know how grateful I am as a Brighton fan for giving me all this and I know you will bring in someone who you feel will take us forward again, at the same time not pay the penalties of failing to meet the FFP rules.

wow!!!!n sleep well?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

very much......THIS

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Nice one Fossie. Bloom is the main man let's not forget that!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Oh my god! Is tony leaving?!

meanmachine25

Jan 24, 2009
I agree with both sides we had some great times and some not so great , but overall I've enjoyed the ride ;) let's not forget mark McGhee got us out of div 1 in much worse circumstances.....the king is dead long live the king ..time to move on to the next chapter all that matters is BHA ;)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Agree wih Fozzie's post re Tony Bloom.
As far as Gus is concerned,thank you for your efforts during the time you were at Brighton.It is a shame it all went pear shaped,but it does appear that you were the architect of your own downfall.

P.S.There really are some over sentimental soppy tarts posting here.:smile:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

This sums Gus up for me. Can you ever in your wildest dreams imagine Ferguson, Wenger, Redknapp, any respected manager you can think of, standing there singing that. Yes i'm sure most people think it's very funny and a cool thing to do. For me it shows a total lack of class and quite frankly embarrassing for the club, that it's manager stands in public in front of children and sings that. One of the very first signs that this man is in fact a liability.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This sums Gus up for me. Can you ever in your wildest dreams imagine Ferguson, Wenger, Redknapp, any respected manager you can think of, standing there singing that. Yes i'm sure most people think it's very funny and a cool thing to do. For me it shows a total lack of class and quite frankly embarrassing for the club, that it's manager stands in public in front of children and sings that. One of the very first signs that this man is in fact a liability.

I think i would probably shoot myself in the face after a halfday spent in your company. And even then i imagine you'd criticise my efforts for using the wrong type of shotgun, shaking your head at my headless, quivering form.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I sort of agree. I can remember Watson flinging it over to Zamora who nodded it in. But Gus took us to another level and if you cant see that then you are blind

Seems to me that your idea of identity is based purely on what happens on the pitch. Also you are very condescending about the team back then as it was more than just watson and zamora or are you the one that is blind.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think i would probably shoot myself in the face after a halfday spent in your company. And even then i imagine you'd criticise my efforts for using the wrong type of shotgun, shaking your head at my headless, quivering form.

If your happy with your manager signing foul language in front of children, that's up to you. I just couldn't imagine many people doing it, but then standard have dropped somewhat in the country over the years. You only have to walk down the street to see that these days. If I had taken my 8 year old daughter with her pink Albion shirt for a day out to see her hero's and heard Poyet signing that I would not have been happy....The man has no class, simple.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If your happy with your manager signing foul language in front of children, that's up to you. I just couldn't imagine many people doing it, but then standard have dropped somewhat in the country over the years. You only have to walk down the street to see that these days. If I had taken my 8 year old daughter with her pink Albion shirt for a day out to see her hero's and heard Poyet signing that I would not have been happy....The man has no class, simple.

I'd be pleased in some nebulous way if you were on the interview panel for the next manager. Questions would be posed by each of the likely educated quizzers and on every 4th go you'd simply spit the bile-infected phlegm you'd hocked up whilst the others professionally enquired. The badge on your pale blue shirt simply says VOICE OF THE INCURABLY HATEFUL. The interviewee who grins and bears your troglodyte heavings would probably be hired, showing clearly they had the character to withstand the onslaught of the bruisingly inane.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Sense at last.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'd be pleased in some nebulous way if you were on the interview panel for the next manager. Questions would be posed by each of the likely educated quizzers and on every 4th go you'd simply spit the bile-infected phlegm you'd hocked up whilst the others professionally enquired. The badge on your pale blue shirt simply says VOICE OF THE INCURABLY HATEFUL. The interviewee who grins and bears your troglodyte heavings would probably be hired, showing clearly they had the character to withstand the onslaught of the bruisingly inane.

All that because I don't like my child being subjected to foul language. I think says a lot more about me that it does people who think Poyet is cool. I also won't let her have her ears pierced or wear heels etc at her age. I must be a awful parent and a really bad person. No wonder there is such a lack of respect in the country these days with people with high standards like myself around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here