Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Rugby Union Thread

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
For those of you who like rugby and perhaps even support Worthing RFC I thought I'd better make a thread for general chat about the club whenever it may arise.

I am a big fan of Worthing RFC and go to about 9/10 home games and the odd away game.

Last week was the final game of the season when Worthing took on Henley in a match which would see the winner take the title and go up to the third tier of English rugby. Henley were at home and about 500 Worthing fans (including my self) made the 1 and a half hour trip to Henley to witness an injury struck Worthing side get out played 55-27.

Due to this we came 2nd and therefore qualify for the play off game against the team who came 2nd in the north division. The game is tomorrow and Worthing have to travel up to Stourbridge in a winner goes up fixture, arguably the biggest fixture in the club's history.

I am not going tomorrow and instead will rely on updates from the divison's forum.

I thought I might as well make this thread as Worthing are at quite a high standard and the only team in Sussex to establish a fairly good rugby side who have ambitions to reach the 2nd tier one day with the current plans to move our ground down to Goring.

Let me know if you're going tomorrow, just interested like!

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Are there any images of the proposed ground? It will be the field near goring station won't it?

That's what I've heard. We have 5 pitches at our current ground and a couple of fields so selling it to property developers were bring in millions, so we could buy a new place to locate.

From what I've heard, the ground will be very near to Goring station, yes, but I've only heard rumours about the whole mater to be honest.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Tis a shame the tie is away. Worthing have done well. I see the crowd was bigger than most championship games too.

I'll be at Leicester following Quins in the semi final tomorrow. All the best to Worthing though.

Yoda

English & European
The land is the field north west of the station and there was a thread going but got moved to a different section of nsc.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Tis a shame the tie is away. Worthing have done well. I see the crowd was bigger than most championship games too.

I'll be at Leicester following Quins in the semi final tomorrow. All the best to Worthing though.

It was a great atmosphere and it was 3, in some places 5 people deep the whole way round. Worthing took 5 coaches full of fans and many more drove up.

Have no idea about how many Worthing will take tomorrow, probably be less than what we took last week, it's almost double the distance; f*ck that.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
For those of you who like rugby and perhaps even support Worthing RFC I thought I'd better make a thread for general chat about the club whenever it may arise.

I am a big fan of Worthing RFC and go to about 9/10 home games and the odd away game.

Last week was the final game of the season when Worthing took on Henley in a match which would see the winner take the title and go up to the third tier of English rugby. Henley were at home and about 500 Worthing fans (including my self) made the 1 and a half hour trip to Henley to witness an injury struck Worthing side get out played 55-27.

Due to this we came 2nd and therefore qualify for the play off game against the team who came 2nd in the north division. The game is tomorrow and Worthing have to travel up to Stourbridge in a winner goes up fixture, arguably the biggest fixture in the club's history.

I am not going tomorrow and instead will rely on updates from the divison's forum.

I thought I might as well make this thread as Worthing are at quite a high standard and the only team in Sussex to establish a fairly good rugby side who have ambitions to reach the 2nd tier one day with the current plans to move our ground down to Goring.

Let me know if you're going tomorrow, just interested like!
Is Dick Mowbray still involved ?used to work with him many year's back.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
For those of you who want to know what the score is in the biggest game in the club's history, Worthing are down 16-14, just started the second half.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Ah shite. 23-21 to Stourbridge now. My next update will just be the final score, there's only 15 minutes or so left and I don't want to keep posting.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
and the winner is.....

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
WORTHING score a last minute try to make it 26-26, conversion was scored.... 26-28.

Worhing will be in the 3rd tier of English rugby next season!

Get in!!

Wish I went now, well done raiders!

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
3rd division is a pretty good standard, stuff starts to get very serious now, the squad will be getting paid.

We were injury struck too, our decent number 11 broke his finger and there were several more missing, a fantastic win I'm bloody buzzing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here