Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off Final .... Nightmare in the air!!!

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Ok firstly i know this is a cock-up of the highest order ... But 'if' we make it to the final i have just found out we fly away to America on holiday that day! :(

I am a ST holder and have done most away games this year and over the last 20 years so the thought of missing the final makes me feel sick. Seriously bad planning.

Anyway we'll be in the air flying while the game is on, landing at around 6pm english time.

Can anyone suggest what i can do to at least watch the game when i get there....? Can u record on a laptop similR to sky+? Can u record a live stream and watch it back after? What about things like on-deman or bbc iplayer etc?

Basically planning on getting there, not turning phone on as i will have loads of texts with the results, putting laptop on while trying to not see the main headlines as to who's im premier league, and watch the game.

Please advise im absolutely gutted at the prospect!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If you have a Sky Go account you could watch the re-run whenever its scheduled for, on your laptop.

If you don't have Sky, you can buy a day pass for £10.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not the answer, but for those families going away for whitsund week, the timing couldn't be worse.

I'm delaying a decision on a UK based holiday, because of this.

An added incentive, is we want to go to the new Wembley for the first time.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
i was due to go to toronto on the day of hereford.

i cancelled and went to the game

do not regret a minute of it.

simple.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Try and re-book your flight to a different time perhaps? What airport are you flying from? If it's heathrow you could go straight from the stadium to your flight :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not the answer, but for those families going away for whitsund week, the timing couldn't be worse.

I'm delaying a decision on a UK based holiday, because of this.

An added incentive, is we want to go to the new Wembley for the first time.

We decided not to bother as there are other things we can do and just have a better holiday at half-term October.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Funnily enough i've spent this week looking to change flts. This went down like a sack of shit with the wife of course!

Anyway its like £950 to fly us all out the next day plus lose a days hols :(

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
If you have a Sky Go account you could watch the re-run whenever its scheduled for, on your laptop.

If you don't have Sky, you can buy a day pass for £10.

Interesting mate can u tell me more about this please? I do have a sky account but its not linked to my laptop and i dont know anything about sky go?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
On most scheduled flights they overbook so there is often a chance you can be bumped off the flight. We were offered 800 quid if we waited 12 hours to go to Antigua. If you go to the airport and go relatively late to check in you may be offered the opportunity to 'sacrifice' your place on the plane, get paid 800 quid and get to the match. Perfect.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
In those 20 years, did you not learn not to book a book a flight in May just in case?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Try and re-book your flight to a different time perhaps? What airport are you flying from? If it's heathrow you could go straight from the stadium to your flight :thumbsup:

If you change scheduled flight before departure, unless it is a full fare ticket, you will have a penalty charge and the ticket cost will have to be re quoted at today's cost which is very likely to be higher than it was if booked a while ago. Could be an expensive option but worth getting a quote on.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Unfortunately SkyGo or BBC iPlayer aren't available outside the UK. You are going to struggle to find it anywhere at a later date overseas.
Which country are you heading to?

You're best bet will be to watch the extended highlights on Seagulls Player when it is made available about 24 hrs later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here