Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is Orlandi still warming up? Vicente

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
stripped off and ready to come on from around 70 mins

anyone else think Vicente spoils our rhythm and style of play?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly the rest lose the ability to play and have to pass to him at every opportunity another game we haven't won with him playing

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Don't talk about Orlandi stripping off. [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] will get rather excited here :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sadly the rest lose the ability to play and have to pass to him at every opportunity another game we haven't won with him playing

This is a valid point, it seems to be the default option when he is on the pitch and definitely has a detrimental effect on those around him

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Said the same thing to my mates today. I know it's tantamount to sacrilege to some, but I do think he disturbs the way we play. Would personally have preferred Orlandi on tonight.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Interesting point,made this comment after the game,we don't look a complete team with Vicente playing it's almost like he makes a guest appearance and unsettle's our rhythm.But how can you not play him,some of the balls he played tonight were breathtaking,i guess our finishing ultimately let us down tonight.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Said this on another thread.... Orlandi should start and Vicente used as an impact sub, when needed.

Orlandi has proven himself time and again and should be one of the starting eleven. Vicente simply hasn't been available enough to be picked ahead of Orlandi.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
So is everyone saying vicente disrupts they way we play?

A mate of mine went to forest and said we were dreadful..........Did he play there??

We were definitely not dreadful tonight and he played 90 minutes.........The main contributory factor why we drew tonight was because our wingers were unable to provide......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Vicente played some absolutely fantastic passes but he looked a bit off the pace. I think his lack of game time showed a bit. Wish Gus had brought him on against Palace and Forest so he was a bit sharper

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Did your mate leave at half time?!

dont think so........

ok lets go for even 1/2 the match without vicente........... we were dreadful!

Tonight we dominated the whole 90 with him in our team............

You do the maths

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Vicente played some absolutely fantastic passes but he looked a bit off the pace. I think his lack of game time showed a bit. Wish Gus had brought him on against Palace and Forest so he was a bit sharper

I agree. 2nd April is a bit late to start building up match fitness but who knows he could still be our match winner (as he nearly was tonight) in the last 6, 8 or 9 matches of this season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
dont think so........

You do the maths

the maths (sort of) - 90 mins without him and we score two, 90 mins with him and we score nil......not sure what that proves.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
dont think so........

You do the maths

At Forest we played the entire 90 minutes without him, scored 2 goals and were extremely unfortunate not to win away at the form team of the division. You do the maths

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought Vicente all too often looked on the toes of Spanish dave who as a result was a passenger in the game. Think we look more balanced with Orlandi in the starting 11 and Vicente as an impact player off the bench which also helps give the team and crowd a lift

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Spanish was suffocated by tonight's line up. He had a magical five minutes but that was that.

Whether or not Vicente or Orlandi should have started, Gus should have made a substitution or changed the tactics. The best teams are those who can overcome defensive tactics.

Buckley was poor and apart from the goal Saturday has been for some weeks now.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i agree i think we play better without vicente i know hes a good player but i would have him on the bench if we need to bring him on and i would of brought orlandi on after 70 mins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here