Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 2013-14 season tickets - ALL the details

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So it's no longer a subsidy ? It would be much more honest to scrap the 'subsidy' and let people pay their own way to get to the ground.

If we paid our own way to the ground it would work out a hell of a lot more than £50 quid .... i would be looking at 200 plus so its still a good deal

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Living costs have gone up. I'm surprised that the prices haven't increased by more. Heaven forbid the players should need to dip in to their savings to up their brand of pasta and chicken.

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
i want to move from the south stand block g and move into the north as i love a good sing.what and how do i do that as i don't like keep being moved and its to quite

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Burgess Hill to Falmer return = £6.50 x 23 = £149.50

STH Travel Subsidy = £50

So the club are saving me £99.50, effectively subsidising this amount. So, yes, it is still a subsidy.

Your own comment said the increase to £50 was to cover the club's costs. If so, it's not a subsidy.

What about the drivers, walkers, cyclists, short-distance travellers ? Subsidy for them ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Your own comment said the increase to £50 was to cover the club's costs. If so, it's not a subsidy.

What about the drivers, walkers, cyclists, short-distance travellers ? Subsidy for them ?

The club is subsidising the travel costs. The new figure won't cover the travel costs in full - nothing like.

The fans - all of them - are making a contribution towards something that the club has an obligation for.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Great! So being moved again!! Getting a little fed up of that to be honest. Paid to sit behind the goal and no I can't, so if the club cannot accommodate a similar seat, then I find that quite unfair. Not paying the extra if I'm moved towards the east or west

The club will try and move you to the NS for the same price point. There are already a few vacant seats where STH's have been excluded :wink:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Why don't the club do away with the subsidy and let fans pay their own transport costs or are they not allowed to do this due to restrictions under the original planning application ?
If I buy a ticket to the theatre or the cinema they don't pay some of my transport costs to get there.
I find it very strange that BHAFC have to absorb our transport costs.

It cost £6.30 return from Haywards Heath to Falmer per game over the season it adds up to £144 so the transport cost is cheap from our point of view, the use of public transport was key to us getting the stadium so we are stuck with it for the for see able future but it is good value. I am fully aware that we don't all use it, I pay for coach travel from Horsham so the subsidy has no benefit for me but it is a price we had to pay for the Amex. I am not happy to pay more for my ticket but I am content that the increase is not taking the piss eventually I believe the transport subsidy will disappear but not in the next few years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club is subsidising the travel costs. The new figure won't cover the travel costs in full - nothing like.

The fans are making a contribution towards them.

My guesstimate is that the club will still be paying 50% or more to cover the shortfall.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Blimey, it looks like I'll be able to afford to go next season after all! Great stuff. :)

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
It cost £6.30 return from Haywards Heath to Falmer per game over the season it adds up to £144

The club are not paying £144 for somebody that does this journey. Unless we can get hold of the cost per head that the club pays to the travel companies, difficult to compare with the 'subsidy.'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Zone F - Family

Adult £485 year / £40.42 month (2012/13: £455 ; difference: +6.6%)
Senior £330 year / £27.50 month
U-18 £125 year / £10.42 month
U-10 £70 year / £5.83 month

This is a significant little change. FS concession up to 18, rather than 16. Good - an additional two years before we'll need to move.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It cost £6.30 return from Haywards Heath to Falmer per game over the season it adds up to £144 so the transport cost is cheap from our point of view, the use of public transport was key to us getting the stadium so we are stuck with it for the for see able future but it is good value. I am fully aware that we don't all use it, I pay for coach travel from Horsham so the subsidy has no benefit for me but it is a price we had to pay for the Amex. I am not happy to pay more for my ticket but I am content that the increase is not taking the piss eventually I believe the transport subsidy will disappear but not in the next few years.

The transport subsidy will go eventually and then fans will be moaning how expensive it is to get to Falmer. In the future m-ticketing , smartcard and contactless technology will be needed for rail travel , buses and P&R but that will be a while off.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Fair I guess, but only just, any more and they would be pushing it. Certainly wouldn't be happy with a similar increase this time next year.

However, cracking down on people selling on their tickets is my biggest gripe, since it has resulted in me losing a lot of money this season due to work commitments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here