Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion 2013-14 season tickets - ALL the details

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Seems reasonable enough for WSU even though we have the biggest % rise.

Would like to see the travel zone moved East a bit if we are paying £50 a year as coming from Eastbourne we have to pay to Lewes and it only costs £1.50 extra to get to Falmer so the East people are subsidising those in the West.

There's quite a good chance of that happening from what I understand...

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
The subsidy HAS to rise due to the amount the club are shelling out on all aspects of the Amex transport 'project' that encompasses many things.

And I think if you look at the match cost, it's still remarkable value for the quality of surroundings we all enjoy.

Why 'HAS' to, Bozza ? A comparison with inflation (price and wage) might be helpful rather than a comparison with some ideal of what it should cost to sit in the Amex. Love you, mate, but less of the cheerleading for the club please :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why 'HAS' to, Bozza ? A comparison with inflation (price and wage) might be helpful rather than a comparison with some ideal of what it should cost to sit in the Amex. Love you, mate, but less of the cheerleading for the club please :)

I'm far from a club cheerleader I can promise you that much. I'll call each and every issue as I see it - positive or otherwise.

I'm not talking about the cost of sitting at the Amex, or inflation, I'm talking about the cost of the transport infrastructure in place on matchdays.

The peculiarities of the Amex are that a transport system has to be in place and it is bloody expensive. In essence, the club have been paying for each and every support to get to games. How many other clubs do that? The impact on the club's finances are significant and directly affect the playing side.

We fought long and hard for the Amex, we knew it was never going to be perfect, and the transport system is the most significant 'imperfection' we all have to work with.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage

Bozza isn't referring to the price of the ticket in relation to inflation - he's talking about the travel subsidy. In effect, the club is currently heavily losing out on the current travel subsidy (£30) per person and have had to increase this to £50 per person to purely cover their own costs for the travel aspect. Clearly this was much larger than they anticipated originally.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011

It does have to though. The transport is a service and the club are just passing more of the payment of that onto us. I doubt the price of travel as a whole has increased; more so the club/fan share of it has changed.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Who should one email with regards to trying to book a new seat in a different stand? Do current season ticket holders have preference?

Looking to do the same as you and move to the NW corner, I phoned the ticket office this week and they put me on the season ticket holder "mover's list"; dead easy.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Bozza isn't referring to the price of the ticket in relation to inflation - he's talking about the travel subsidy. In effect, the club is currently heavily losing out on the current travel subsidy (£30) per person and have had to increase this to £50 per person to purely cover their own costs for the travel aspect. Clearly this was much larger than they anticipated originally.

So it's no longer a subsidy ? It would be much more honest to scrap the 'subsidy' and let people pay their own way to get to the ground.

The peculiarities of the Amex are that a transport system has to be in place and it is bloody expensive. In essence, the club have been paying for each and every support to get to games. How many other clubs do that? The impact on the club's finances are significant and directly affect the playing side.

Are there any clubs that don't need a transport system in place ? I can't recall an away ground whereby I have not had to pay for my transport to that ground.

Out of interest, what do you make of the ticket rises, aside from the transport 'subsidy' ? Best.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out of interest, what do you make of the ticket rises, aside from the transport 'subsidy' ? Best.

I think the prices we pay, and will be paying, are remarkable value, I truly do.

North Stand (including bus and/or train travel) - less than £20.
My seat in the WSU - £23.
Sitting directly behind Gus - £30.

Can anyone have any complaints with that pricing, given the quality of the stadium, our squad and the football?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
It does have to though. The transport is a service and the club are just passing more of the payment of that onto us. I doubt the price of travel as a whole has increased; more so the club/fan share of it has changed.

Why don't the club do away with the subsidy and let fans pay their own transport costs or are they not allowed to do this due to restrictions under the original planning application ?
If I buy a ticket to the theatre or the cinema they don't pay some of my transport costs to get there.
I find it very strange that BHAFC have to absorb our transport costs.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Why don't the club do away with the subsidy and let fans pay their own transport costs or are they not allowed to do this due to restrictions under the original planning application ?
If I buy a ticket to the theatre or the cinema they don't pay some of my transport costs to get there.
I find it very strange that BHAFC have to absorb our transport costs.

I'd rather pay £50 than £103 a season thanks and that's without cup games

IndianaPaul

Kingdom Of Withdean
Dec 19, 2008
Great! So being moved again!! Getting a little fed up of that to be honest. Paid to sit behind the goal and no I can't, so if the club cannot accommodate a similar seat, then I find that quite unfair. Not paying the extra if I'm moved towards the east or west

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I think the prices we pay, and will be paying, are remarkable value, I truly do.

North Stand (including bus and/or train travel) - less than £20.
My seat in the WSU - £23.
Sitting directly behind Gus - £30.

Can anyone have any complaints with that pricing, given the quality of the stadium, our squad and the football?

Fair dinkum.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
So it's no longer a subsidy ? It would be much more honest to scrap the 'subsidy' and let people pay their own way to get to the ground.

Burgess Hill to Falmer return = £6.50 x 23 = £149.50

STH Travel Charge = £50

So the club are saving me £99.50, effectively subsidising this amount. So, yes, it is still a subsidy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here