Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music 2013

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Following on from a thread last year thought I would start a new one for 2013.

Lots of live stuff going on in Brighton/Hove area.

So far have got tickets for:

Metz-Green Door Store Jan 31st
History Of Apple Pie- Green Door Store Feb 15th
Bo Ningen- Haunt Mar 28th
Loudon Wainwright- Dome April 28th
Great Escape- May.

Nick Cave and British Sea Power have new albums out so hope for some dates from them too.
May also go and see Suede at Alexander Palace in March if I can get my act together.

Any one else got anything planned gig wise?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Bo Ningen- Haunt Mar 28th

Ahoyhoy, thank you very much for reminding me about them. Was miffed that they didn't turn up for their Crystal Castles support slot (allegedly fell out with the Castles), not least cos they were stiffed by a naff DJ incapable of mixing dodgy old chart bangers. Looking forward to catching them this time. Also Mazes at the Albert (tickets a snip) and this month's Rumble at C2. Generally, though, looking forward to February's traditional onset of tour announcements, January is dire.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Three concerts planned for 2013

Sigur Ros March 9th Brixton Academy
Fleetwood Mac April 18th Boston Garden
Neil Young June o2 London

Considering getting tickets for the Delphic at Komedia.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Ahoyhoy, thank you very much for reminding me about them. Was miffed that they didn't turn up for their Crystal Castles support slot (allegedly fell out with the Castles), not least cos they were stiffed by a naff DJ incapable of mixing dodgy old chart bangers. Looking forward to catching them this time. Also Mazes at the Albert (tickets a snip) and this month's Rumble at C2. Generally, though, looking forward to February's traditional onset of tour announcements, January is dire.

Been excited by announcement that The Wedding Presents annual summer festival at the Concorde 2 has grown to a two day affair with the band headlining the Saturday and Sunday night. Bank Holiday Weekend in Augsust. Agree with you though- need to wait for announcements next month re other stuff. Have you heard the Bo Ningen/ Savages song Nichijou? It is a different version to the one on the album and very good.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Been excited by announcement that The Wedding Presents annual summer festival at the Concorde 2 has grown to a two day affair with the band headlining the Saturday and Sunday night. Bank Holiday Weekend in Augsust. Agree with you though- need to wait for announcements next month re other stuff. Have you heard the Bo Ningen/ Savages song Nichijou? It is a different version to the one on the album and very good.

Bit random this. But every time you post something and I see your avatar, for a brief second I think it's the cover of "The Something Rain" by Tindersticks. Not sure why.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Bit random this. But every time you post something and I see your avatar, for a brief second I think it's the cover of "The Something Rain" by Tindersticks. Not sure why.

Will look that up but it is the Valentina album from 2012 obviously by The Weddoes.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just seen some great gigs at the Lexington at Fortuna Pop's annual 'winter sprinter' - Comet Gain, Shrag, Darren Hayman... Not a lot else coming up at the moment - Savages at the Electric Ballroom, My Bloody Valentine in March, and some old German electronic outfit who are playing a big art gallery in London. There was a bit of a fuss over the tickets apparently.... :)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just seen some great gigs at the Lexington at Fortuna Pop's annual 'winter sprinter' - Comet Gain, Shrag, Darren Hayman... Not a lot else coming up at the moment - Savages at the Electric Ballroom, My Bloody Valentine in March, and some old German electronic outfit who are playing a big art gallery in London. There was a bit of a fuss over the tickets apparently.... :)

Hello Kevo

You one of the lucky few then re Kraftwerk. Which album are they doing?
Hope to see Darren Haymen some point this year. The Violence- although released late in the year is one of the best for 2012 in my opinion.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hello Kevo

You one of the lucky few then re Kraftwerk. Which album are they doing?
Hope to see Darren Haymen some point this year. The Violence- although released late in the year is one of the best for 2012 in my opinion.

Excellent, actually bought it at the gig the other night but haven't got round to playing it yet...

I'm going to the first night - Autobahn - which is a pretty short album, but I imagine they'll do other stuff as well.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Kelly Joe Phelps
Jason Lyttle
Pere Ubu
Eeels
The Wedding Present (x2)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Excellent, actually bought it at the gig the other night but haven't got round to playing it yet...

I'm going to the first night - Autobahn - which is a pretty short album, but I imagine they'll do other stuff as well.

Well am sure it will be a winner- enjoy.
Looking out for some BSP dates too but guess that will be spring time.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Well am sure it will be a winner- enjoy.
Looking out for some BSP dates too but guess that will be spring time.

Yeah, whenever the album's out I guess. They seem to have finished it...

Got my Great Escape ticket a while back - should be another cracking weekend!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yeah, whenever the album's out I guess. They seem to have finished it...

Got my Great Escape ticket a while back - should be another cracking weekend!

It is my favourite festival along with Glasto and last years was definitely the best.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Will look that up but it is the Valentina album from 2012 obviously by The Weddoes.

Just a similar cover. Love the wedding present too. Every time I hear George Best's name I think of their album and seeing it in Woolworth's bargain bin in Worthing when I was a kid. No wonder they went out of business if they thought that either the Wedding Present were cheap.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just a similar cover. Love the wedding present too. Every time I hear George Best's name I think of their album and seeing it in Woolworth's bargain bin in Worthing when I was a kid. No wonder they went out of business if they thought that either the Wedding Present were cheap.

They are playing George Best in its entirety on the Saturday night of their festival.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Going to ATP curated by Deerhunter in June. That's about it at the moment.

Breeders, Dan Deacon, No Age and Panda Bear also announced

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here