Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City 5th March

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone know what transport to/from Ashton Gate from Bristol Temple Meads is like?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone know what transport to/from Ashton Gate from Bristol Temple Meads is like?

Taxi or walk. It's a long walk.

Getting a train from BTM to Parson Street would work, as it's just down the road from there, but there are only 1 or 2 trains per hour that stop there.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Taxi or walk. It's a long walk.

Getting a train from BTM to Parson Street would work, as it's just down the road from there, but there are only 1 or 2 trains per hour that stop there.

Cheers. Have looked at Parson Street but trains are too irregular to get last train back towards London unless I leave with 10 mins to go. Google maps says just over 2 miles from BTM to ground; I'll wear my running shoes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cheers. Have looked at Parson Street but trains are too irregular to get last train back towards London unless I leave with 10 mins to go. Google maps says just over 2 miles from BTM to ground; I'll wear my running shoes.

When you get to BTM, check the departures board. At that time of day most of the trains to Weston will stop at Parson Street so jump on one. There are no barriers at Parson Street so you won't have to pay. Maybe walk/run back to BTM after the game.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I have the day off work for this, looking forward to it!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have the day off work for this, looking forward to it!

Did we win there last season? Can't remember. I think I recall Barnes scoring somewhere along the line.

Either way, looking forward to it, and a pub or two serving decent cider.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did we win there last season? Can't remember. I think I recall Barnes scoring somewhere along the line.

It was about about 16:45 and I was just concluding my Best Man's Speech at [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]'s wedding reception some 175 miles from Bristol when someone, [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] possibly, shouted "we've scored, it's 1-0!"

And that's how it finished.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When you get to BTM, check the departures board. At that time of day most of the trains to Weston will stop at Parson Street so jump on one. There are no barriers at Parson Street so you won't have to pay. Maybe walk/run back to BTM after the game.

Many Subway sandwich shops in the area? :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

That's the one. Made a nice change from my first visit where I left shouting Magoo out with everyone else.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was about about 16:45 and I was just concluding my Best Man's Speech at [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]'s wedding reception some 175 miles from Bristol when someone, [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION] possibly, shouted "we've scored, it's 1-0!"

Good to see that your memory is better than mine despite me actually having been at the game :D

In my defence, the scenic, 200-stop south coast rail journey down via every poxy village between Brighton & BTM probably caused me to require more alcohol than is standard for such a trip.

PS: when you say "and that's how it finished", did you mean the game, or your speech?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

My brother was texting updates while I sent him highlights of your speech.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Nothing near the ground, I'm afraid. I'd grab a pasty from the shop under Temple Meads.

Or just a nice bit if grub in the Cottage, nice pint. Then ten minute stroll across the park....easy

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here