Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Picked up 2 sets of arm warmers, and a set of leg warmers last week cheap...thought I would be prepared for the arrival of Autumn in the next couple of months or so.

Stepping out the front door this morning I think I might need to start wearing them already...:ohmy:

Aye. The last ride I did this week I wouldn't have minded 'under' gloves.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Great ride from Marion Rousse's fella, or a missed opportunity by the leading group yesterday?

A group that strong and talented had 17km to chase him down before worrying about each other....definitely a chance missed imo.

Great scenery though.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I thought it was a great attack. Once Alaphilippe has a gap on a descent like that, nobody else has a chance. You are right - the others didn't start working together until it was far too late. Before the race I though Wout Van Aert would get it (because he looks like he can win pretty much anything at the moment!).

Luke Rowe and young Tom Pidcock looked immense though, Pidcock staying with the main group much longer than some far bigger names and Luke Rowe protecting him all day to ensure he made it there. Is Luke Rowe the most underrated domestique in cycling?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I thought it was a great attack. Once Alaphilippe has a gap on a descent like that, nobody else has a chance. You are right - the others didn't start working together until it was far too late. Before the race I though Wout Van Aert would get it (because he looks like he can win pretty much anything at the moment!).

Luke Rowe and young Tom Pidcock looked immense though, Pidcock staying with the main group much longer than some far bigger names and Luke Rowe protecting him all day to ensure he made it there. Is Luke Rowe the most underrated domestique in cycling?

It was a great attack, but everyone could see it coming a mile off surely?! I guess at that stage they didn't quite have the legs to react on the slopes, but he was like a carrot dangling out there for them the rest of the way. I thought WVA would be the man to win yesterday too tbh, but I think the others were just far too aware he was the fastest one if it all came back together. He certainly seemed to put in a couple of decent digs to claw back JA, but no-one else really got on board. In a one off race for the rainbow jersey, surely you go all out to try and get it though?!

I missed most of the race tbh, but agree about Rowe - an absolute machine. And Pidcock is a decent talent. Can see him having a successful CX season this year once it all starts up again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can think of a more fitting World Champion.

All that remains to be seen is which one will wear the jersey...

Jules, Al or Big Phil.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The one thing that does seem cruel about this season, is that the classics come after the world championships. Meaning that Pederson, who will be targeting the classics doesn't get to wear the rainbow stripes. Whereas Alaphippe gets to wear the stripes for the classics campaign this year and then again next season too.

Given Pederson's stage results at the Tour, I do think he will be there or thereabouts in some of the classics.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And so ends my customary appreciative nod towards the 'Garmin' jerseys.

[tweet]1311703388497866753[/tweet]

I genuinely thought this was a wind up, but no...

[tweet]1311715567905263616[/tweet]

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I love the 'normal' EF jerseys... I actually quite like those too.

I'm a fan of the bike design as well

Cannondale_SystemSix_Palace-2-f44b1ed.jpg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Was out most of yesterday, so only caught the last 3km of the Giro stage. Didn't realize until this morning that Vlasov had abandoned though.
Thats my fantasy team down 1 rider already :rolleyes: and made it an even worse start than it already was for Astana!

D

Deleted member 2719

Heard it all a million times before....:rolleyes:

Did he really say "feel free to ride in the rain and get pouring wet"? :lolol::wanker:

I have to say I don't know a lot of cyclists(as I tend to stay away from that type of person!), but I would divide them into off-roaders and tarmac tarts, the off-roaders are more down to EARTH IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"I prefer the drive a car, where if I hit another car I won't die".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here