Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace (merged threads)

I think Mr. Poyet has proved himself right on this issue

Murray is not a good goalscorer at this level, and not worth a big contract.......we'll be aiming a lot higher in the future

'Not so sure he was "right" - more that Murray was wrong in undervaluing his career situation with us.
What Palace will do with him at the end of this season.... that is another question too. They are paying him, apparently, more than we were willing to - his goal tally and their crowds don't warrant any big wage-earners.
His 'big moment' in his epic scoring career was indeed at The AmEx, but that's only evidence that cements his name in football history as mercenary turncoat.
I would rather have stood out for one club as a legend, always loved by their fans - than a turncoat where his best achievements have been shaded and consigned to a lesser history asap.

Think about the likes of Karry Mayo and OGH and how they will be seen walking around our ground and mixing with the fans - and then imagine Murray.
It wouldn't matter what suit he might wear, I'd be thinking he was wearing red and blue underneath... over £££ tattoos

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
'Not so sure he was "right" - more that Murray was wrong in undervaluing his career situation with us.
What Palace will do with him at the end of this season.... that is another question too. They are paying him, apparently, more than we were willing to - his goal tally and their crowds don't warrant any big wage-earners.
His 'big moment' in his epic scoring career was indeed at The AmEx, but that's only evidence that cements his name in football history as mercenary turncoat.
I would rather have stood out for one club as a legend, always loved by their fans - than a turncoat where his best achievements have been shaded and consigned to a lesser history asap.

Think about the likes of Karry Mayo and OGH and how they will be seen walking around our ground and mixing with the fans - and then imagine Murray.
It wouldn't matter what suit he might wear, I'd be thinking he was wearing red and blue underneath... over £££ tattoos

NMH no longer posts but it’s worth noting that contrary to everything he says GM has achieved the unique status of being an Albion and Palace hero, who’d have thunk it back then. :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we get this sorted quickly? Assuming that this is true, thanks for the memories Glenn and adios. You are making a MASSIVE mistake going there but I guess you'll just have to find that out for yourself :bigwave:

I hold no animosity towards him and I certainly won't boo him, shame.

Yeah right a MASSIVE mistake :rolleyes:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
NMH no longer posts but it’s worth noting that contrary to everything he says GM has achieved the unique status of being an Albion and Palace hero, who’d have thunk it back then. :bowdown:

Incredible footballing gent, adored by us and 'them'. Who'd a thunk it indeed.

I think he's due some kind of peace prize from the UN.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Perhaps he heard we were after Harry Wilson for £25m...
HW reminds me of Fowler, considering the money we paid for dross, should be a no-brainier.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Does not explain the season he reached double figures when we were crap and neither of those two played for us...

And maybe, just maybe, they got good assists BECAUSE Glenn was on the end to finish the moves off...

Anyone who thinks Poyet's job in building a squad for next season is anything but MUCH harder if Murray goes is an idiot.

19 May 11 - great post, which stands the test of time.

Whilst others raved about Poyet seeing off a bad apple.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I admit to being pissed off with Murray at the time, thinking it was his decision and his alone to go over to the dark side. That cock up set this club back a couple of years. At least. Belated apologies to Glenn.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here