Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blawg . Your love it. It's funny....ish

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
This whole affair says far more about the state of the Argus (which once boasted a 250k audited circulation) than it does about any individual contributor.

In fact, I shall buy one this weekend just to see for myself, before heading off for the Woking game.

Footnote to fellow expats: witnessing the Exeter game convinced me the Albion's football really is as good as you've been hearing...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
surely that will kill the art of the highly intellectual conversation and debate that makes NSC so brilliant, meaning we could miss out on great words suck as SPACKHEAD, MONG and CLUNGEFEST

Nah - it will be a Facebook Like button so when you really LIKE something you make the click which will post to your Facebook feed.

Your real chums will see your like and be intrigued and come to NSC to catch up on the buffoonery. Whilst here they might click on a Google advert or two and earn us some money.

Either that or they'll just increase the cost of our hosting, earning us no more revenue meaning the losses NSC has started to incur begins to accelerate.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Nah - it will be a Facebook Like button so when you really LIKE something you make the click which will post to your Facebook feed.

Your real chums will see your like and be intrigued and come to NSC to catch up on the buffoonery. Whilst here they might click on a Google advert or two and earn us some money.

Either that or they'll just increase the cost of our hosting, earning us no more revenue meaning the losses NSC has started to incur begins to accelerate.

Can we have the tags back as well?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

I will be doing a large chunk of my Christmas shopping using the Amazon link:thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Do we get revenue just from clicking? Or only clicking and buying?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I will be doing a large chunk of my Christmas shopping using the Amazon link:thumbsup:

I literally love you.

We had them on for a bit, I think they are used to form the tag cloud.

Oh those. They all turned a bit bad didn't they? But it was kinda fun. I might put them on for some bonus Friday fun.

Do we get revenue just from clicking? Or only clicking and buying?

Google ads pay for clicking alone, but please only click adverts that you are interested in. Google monitor usage and if there are what appears to be artificial clicking peaks, they can ban us from their programme and that can be disastrous for us as the revenue earned from Google is the lifeblood of NSC.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Sorry Tim - I've just read that.

It's dreadful - i mean utterly appalling.

My brother-in-law used to work for The Independent - and he always used to say that the worst crime a journalist or writer could commit was assume that people were interested in the content.

Reading your self-indulgent, feeble, turd of a piece of literature clearly shows you commiting such a crime.

That you are so disconnected from reality that you then decide to post it again and again and again is for me, the crowning puddle of puke on this vomit-ridden sludge of an article.

Every time (and I am to blame for this) i read your articles, I am reminded of a moment in history when the first illiterate, backward caveman first tried to 'write'.

At least they had an indisputable reason as to why their efforts were poor, non-sensical baby-scrawl.

You do not.

May I suggest that next time you decide to 'entertain' the masses instead of taking the lid off your pen, you simply drop your pants, squat over the paper and take a big shit.

I promise you - it will be far more remarkable than this latest dribbling. It is the literary equivalent of a large, wet skid-mark in some old crusty pants.

Please.

Stop.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Google ads pay for clicking alone, but please only click adverts that you are interested in. Google monitor usage and if there are what appears to be artificial clicking peaks, they can ban us from their programme and that can be disastrous for us as the revenue earned from Google is the lifeblood of NSC.

No worries will bear it in mind and also will be buying through amazon for xmas.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

My brother-in-law used to work for The Independent - and he always used to say that the worst crime a journalist or writer could commit was assume that people were interested in the content.

Reading your self-indulgent, feeble, turd of a piece of literature clearly shows you commiting such a crime.

That you are so disconnected from reality that you then decide to post it again and again and again is for me, the crowning puddle of puke on this vomit-ridden sludge of an article.

Every time (and I am to blame for this) i read your articles, I am reminded of a moment in history when the first illiterate, backward caveman first tried to 'write'.

At least they had an indisputable reason as to why their efforts were poor, non-sensical baby-scrawl.

You do not.

May I suggest that next time you decide to 'entertain' the masses instead of taking the lid off your pen, you simply drop your pants, squat over the paper and take a big shit.

I promise you - it will be far more remarkable than this latest dribbling. It is the literary equivalent of a large, wet skid-mark in some old crusty pants.

Please.

Stop.

Sorry Bozza & Simster and all other contributors....but the above is now winning ....:lolol::lolol: do keep them coming, this is turning into a good thread now........

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

You do not.

Please.

Stop.

I feel you could have constructed it a bit better - used the pyramid structure to reveal more detail behind your thoughts. However you have worked hard to get my attention, counstructed your case and have written with passion and entertained me.

8/10

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ffffff (sorry his blog thread is already gaining momentum elsewhere)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tim didn't link to his blog this week but it's on the Argus anyway.

.... and attracting comments.

"Why do you let this man child post such utter dirge on the website. He is obviously drunk, has special needs, or both."

Bit harsh, IMO, I thought it was one of Tim's better efforts.

Shit use of English too, shouldn't it be bilge rather than dirge?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here