Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worst live band/performance youve seen?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Rage against The Machine at Glastonbury 1996 was the best gig of my life

FACTO

As I said Their gig at Reading shortly before they split was one of the most intense gigs I've ever been at. I ended up with a broken nose and a two inch cut across my face but at the time it didn't matter an ounce because they were so f***ing awesome. God did it hurt the next morning though!

However at Finsbury Park they were a disappointment on the 83 cup final/91 play off final proportion!

Any word of if/when they'll be heading back to these shores?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
As I said Their gig at Reading shortly before they split was one of the most intense gigs I've ever been at. I ended up with a broken nose and a two inch cut across my face but at the time it didn't matter an ounce because they were so f***ing awesome. God did it hurt the next morning though!

However at Finsbury Park they were a disappointment on the 83 cup final/91 play off final proportion!

Any word of if/when they'll be heading back to these shores?

That gig was awsome. Incendary is the word that springs to mind

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Went to see Springsteen, must have been 81 or 82, thought it was at the Centre. He was pissed, and could hardly stand, and the show was shite. Now I think about it, might have been the Wembley Arena, no, pretty sure it was The Centre.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Went to see Springsteen, must have been 81 or 82, thought it was at the Centre. He was pissed, and could hardly stand, and the show was shite. Now I think about it, might have been the Wembley Arena, no, pretty sure it was The Centre.

Was it just Springsteen who was pissed ?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Spandau Ballet at the Brighton Centre circa 1982 were simply atrocious. I supposed it served me right for going in the first place. But they were shocking.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I knew that response would happen! No, seriously, I am pretty sure it was Brighton, I wasn't pissed, honest!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Queen at the Brighton Centre. Self indulgent shite with most of the hits segued into a 5 minute sampler

The fact that I was forced to go and I didin't much like queen may have had some bearing on my opinion!

Rush at the brighton Centre in 1981 - quite awful racket

Yes (With the Buggles) at the Centre in 1980 - Hallo Southampton!!!!!!!

ZZ Top t wembley arena in 1987 - 45 minutes and we're off - no encore

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Finlay Quaye. So stoned he mumbled his way through the whole set, pausing only to lie on stage for ten minutes whilst the band twiddled on. Made worse by the cracking sets from the two support acts - Alabama 3 and Primal Scream.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I saw Finlay Quaye do a DJ set in Worthing a few years back. He did a line of charlie on the decks and got kicked out the club!

- and he was shite and he smelled.:lol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The worst performances are never about being out of key or out of time. Much more inconvenient or scarring when a band plays their album exactly as if it's being played by lip-and-hand-synch. HOW PROFESSIONAL, i think to myself with sour face, FOR A BAND TO SOUND IN PERSON AS THEY DID IN MY BEDROOM THIS MORNING ELECTRONICALLY PRECISE AND THEREFORE INHUMANE AND UNCHARACTERISTIC AND LIMITED AND ARTLESS. I saw The Shins this year doing that. It made me think of how angry i got when seeing Grandaddy just plod their notes and chori out a few years ago.
I also got annoyed seeing the Kings of Leon a few years back. Self-aggrandising cock-rock so trapped in it's howling populistic formula i reversed from the theatre and drunkenly snogged some weird women in the bar (something i've never done before and won't again).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rush at the brighton Centre in 1981 - quite awful racket

Yes (With the Buggles) at the Centre in 1980 - Hallo Southampton!!!!!!!

ZZ Top t wembley arena in 1987 - 45 minutes and we're off - no encore

Rush are a quality band and I was there, wouldn't say it was bad but the memory recalls it was dissapointing a think

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Van Morrison at the Dome about the same time. 45 minutes concert and I'm not sure he spoke at all. Definitley a surly navvy era (I'll have to put that down as disappointing rather than bad as musically he was very good)

I've had very mixed experiences with the curmudgeonly Van The Man in concert. It has to be said that the gig at the Dome in '94, featuring one Richard Gere on rhythm guitar, was amazing. I went with a mate who was more excited by the fact that Howling Wilf, at that time a regular on the London pub circuit, was in the band rather than by Gere's appearance. True to form, Van fell out with Gere shortly thereafter, allegedly calling him a "Hollywood c**t" in public!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Golden Earring at The Dome in 1975, mind you they did have none other than Lynyrd Skynyrd as their support, rather a tough act to follow let's face it !

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I also got annoyed seeing the Kings of Leon a few years back. Self-aggrandising cock-rock so trapped in it's howling populistic formula i reversed from the theatre and drunkenly snogged some weird women in the bar (something i've never done before and won't again).

Saw them here a couple of weeks ago. Not bad, but I know what you mean about "self-aggrandising cock-rock". The bassist spent the whole gig attempting to look hard and surly, to risible effect. Also felt a bit shortchanged as they only played for just over an hour - mind you, the singer's voice was shot to pieces, so that might have had something to do with it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I saw The Farm at the Brixton Academy a couple of years ago and they were f***ing SHITE. Fortuneatly they were supporting the Happy Mondays who were good value.

One of the worst ever live performances I've seen were The Sugababes on TOTP c. their second or third single. I couldn't believe something that amateur could get on telly.

Ian Brown has to be the worst male singer live, I also saw UB40 and they were shit.

The one and only time I've been to Selhurst was for a gig, possibly Quo, I can't remember, but one of the support acts was Steve Van Zant (sp?) who had been one of Springsteens guitarists. He lasted about 2 minutes on stage before the number of bottle being thrown at him made it impossible to continue.

Funnily enough that was also the only time that I have been to Selhurst. Yes, Van Zandt didn't go down at all well with the denim crowd who were there to see the Quo on their "farewell tour"! - 1982 I think. He was much better received when I saw him at Earls Court with Bruce and the E - Street band about 20 years later! Chas and Dave and Dave Edmunds also performed and got a much warmer response.

Also on the bill were Grand Slam who were the band Phil Lynott formed after Thin Lizzy folded. They were a pale shadow of Lizzy who I saw at the Centre three times (2 of which were superlative). IMHO Phil Lynott was the person who inspired the phrase "cool as f*ck" and the way he played the audience was amazing.

Worst gig. Asia (remember them?) - an 80's super group who I saw only because of a spare ticket at Wembley. Not bad but deathly dull - might as well have listened to the album. Their support act was a juggler!!

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
I stand corrected! Always wanted to see Kylie live, just to see if she can actually sing.

She couldn't when I saw her. Nice arse, mind.

Maybe not 'shitest' as you've got to love the early tunes, but my most disappointing gig ever was Oasis at Glastonbury in about 2001. Took the piss. It was like they'd done us a massive favour by turning up and Liam kept tell the crowd to 'fook off ya fookin bunch of fookin students'. Bastard! I was unemployed at the time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here