Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Bought that the other day so no spoilers please

You know that it's a autobiographical account of his early years chasing waves? I got halfway through and thought that he was a very good writer for someone who spent their life being a beach bum and having their brain pickled by the sun, head regularly banging against ocean floors/reefs. I then checked and found out later he had become a staff writer at the New Yorker :dunce:

I'm reading The Leopard by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mad Man by Dick Knight

Shameful omission on my part up til now. Thought I'd save a few bob on the £20 cover price by waiting for the paperback which never came and probably never will. Still, job done, fortune favours the tightwad, pristine new copy scored for £9.99 via Ebay from the very excellent Soccer Books Ltd of Cleethorpes. Now, where do I apply for my share of DK's shares? :moo:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just finished True History of the Kelly Gang which is a quite incredible feat of writing. Highly recommend.

Now onto Man and Boy by Tony Parsons. Started well, worried it's going to all get a bit emotional.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The Patrick Melrose novels (5 of them) by Edward St Aubyn - in lieu of watching the box-set starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

In the previously 4 weeks, I'd read J. G. Ballard's 'Super Cannes,' Arthur Koestler's 'Darkness at Noon', and Robert James Waller's 'The Bridges of Madison County'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
French Revolutions - Tim Moore

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
‘One Kick’ by Chelsea Cain. Well written, not a wasted or superfluous word.

Anyone doing the just released Gary Numan autobiography? Very well reviewed from what I’ve seen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Start The Car - David 'Bumble' Lloyd

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Stuart Pearce - Psycho
Decent so far.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Just One Look by the brilliant Harlen Coben

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
"Fight to the finish" by Allan Mallinson, it is a month by month account of the First World War from start to finish, very interesting and so many things I was unaware of. Thoroughly recommend it if you are interested in WW1 history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here