Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF FLag Urgent

rool

Jul 10, 2003
roz said:
I can't understand who or how "someone picked it up about 3 months ago" though. Only it's far too big and heavy to be casually picked up by anyone! It'd be even heavier if it had been left outside and got rained on too and apart from anything else, it's not the easiest thing to stow in a car either.

I picked it up by myself and put it in the boot of my modestly sized car for the first REMF game. It was heavy but not impossible to carry on your own.

I seem to remember also thinking how easy it was just to walk into the sports centre and ask for it, no questions asked, but things might have changed since then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is most bizarre could several of us meet up one night at Withdean with access to all areas and thoroughly search the place ?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If there was building work going on and it was in a big builder type bag, hopefully it isnt lying on a tip somewhere, pretty embarassing being a memorial flag if its gone for good :(

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Trigger said:
Who actually owns the flag, I mean does ONE SPECIFIC PERSON lay claim to it or is it a club thing?...

Surely its an asset of the charity, and presumably insured by the charity

Last edited:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
According to Lord B in this thread...

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showt...ight=giant+flag

it is not in very good shape

"I last saw the Giant Flag at Withdean about six weeks ago. It was inside its plastic 'building material' bag, but in the open air, exposed to the elements, not far from where the OLD changing rooms were located.

I guess it's in a sorry state. It will obviously need to be checked and dried out (and probably cleaned as well).

And then it will need to be more securely looked after."

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It always used to be in the container that had sports equipment in it. Nothing to do with the Albion. The kit in it was used by the sports club, hurdles, nets, balls, cones etc. Have you looked in that one?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Superphil said:
It always used to be in the container that had sports equipment in it. Nothing to do with the Albion. The kit in it was used by the sports club, hurdles, nets, balls, cones etc. Have you looked in that one?

yes, that is the one behind the away end, the first container we looked in today - not there:down:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were going to get it stored somewhere near to the Police tower by the toilet block in the South Stand, but I guess you have looked all around there too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here